Mounce Greek Dictionary

John Fidel

I was watching a few of the Mounce screencasts using Accordance on YouTube and noticed that he could run a search from his concise dictionary by clicking on the GK or Strong's number at the upper left corner. My GK number is grey, probably due to the fact that I do not own the tagged NIV 11, but the NIV 84-GK. The Strong's number is red, but does not link to anything or run a search when clicked on. I have the display text set for ESVS to be the text used in this dictionary. Please advise.

I was watching a few of the Mounce screencasts using Accordance on YouTube and noticed that he could run a search from his concise dictionary by clicking on the GK or Strong's number at the upper left corner. My GK number is grey, probably due to the fact that I do not own the tagged NIV 11, but the NIV 84-GK. The Strong's number is red, but does not link to anything or run a search when clicked on. I have the display text set for ESVS to be the text used in this dictionary. Please advise.

When we originally released that dictionary it was tied to a single text, the MOUNCE-NT. Clicking the GK or Strong's would initiate a search as in the video.

Shortly after we worked out an agreement to include that dictionary with all of our modern key number texts, and so edited how those links worked to accommodate the ability to do that search in any of the texts. So, we created a line with the text abbreviations all of which are tagged with searches to the key number under discussion.

See here:

post-5629-0-70378600-1382718967_thumb.png

This is from the KM Hebrew Dictionary but identical in function to Mounce Greek Dictionary.

And, the NIV links are to the NIV11-GK, not the NIV-G/K since it is no longer available for sale.

Edited by Rick Bennett