paste verse number BEFORE hebrew text

johnburnett

Hi. I'm using Libre Office (same as Neo Office and others) and it handles hebrew pretty well; certainly better than Word.

But for some reason, when i paste some verses of hebrew, it puts the verse numbers at the END (i.e., left) of the first line of each verse, rather than at the beginning (right) of the verse, as it appears in Accordance (when the verse numbering preference is set to 'before paragraph').

i can paste the text with the verse numbering 'above paragraph' ok, but if i then delete the return at the end of the number, the text moves up to the right of the number, and the number is again at the left end of the first line of hebrew instead of at the beginning (right) of the hebrew.

anyone know a trick for getting the verse number to paste to the right (beginning) of the hebrew, just as it displays in accordance?

thanx,

john burnett

In most programs you select the text and choose Text direction: Right-to-left. I don't know which menu that would be in, but it is necessary in order to move the reference (and you don't need to right justify the text).