NA28 and Accordance

AdamR

NA28 is coming out this September.

http://evangelicaltextualcriticism.blogspot.com/2012/07/nestle-aland-28-at-sbl-in-chicago.html

I'm wondering whether Accordance will be "upgrading" my GNT-T, GNT-T Notes, NA27-T, and NA27-T Apparatus modules for free with the new NA28, or will this be a separate purchase in the future?

Also, off-topic, does anyone know if there will be a new version of the NET-Greek NT diglot with NA28?

We expect to get the NA28 but it will take a while. I do not know the upgrade plans but doubt it will be free. It represents a lot of work.

We don't have a NET-Greek diglot. After all, you can put any texts in parallel, and make an interlinear pane with any tagged texts and the tagged information.

Helen,

I realize that Accordance doesn't have the NET-Greek diglot. I was wondering about the actual book. Surprising, I know, in this day and age!

• 3 weeks later...

There's more information on the forthcoming release of N-A 28. Deutsche Bibelgesellschaft has created a website dedicated to the new edition: http://www.nestle-aland.com/en/home/.

According to the website, their digital edition will include transcriptions of "the most important manuscripts" (unfortunately, specific manuscripts are not identified) and the ability to move from the apparatus to the transcriptions, to see how a variant appears in the context of a particular manuscript. This feature is available for a few uncials in the N-A prototype online, and I'm really intrigued by it. The apparatus also includes the readings of the ten most recently published papyri, which should be very interesting, particularly in the Acts of the Apostles. All in all, it sounds like a wonderful resource for Accordance!

I understand that significant work would be involved in incorporating the new digital edition into Accordance, but I'd certainly be willing to pay for it. I've become spoiled with all of the high-quality text-critical tools available in a single program, and the addition of this edition with its improved apparatus and features would make an excellent product even better.

Edited by Matthew Burgess

• 3 months later...

Accordance team, I know you're reluctant to issue ETAs on products, but do you know now whether NA28 will be ready before Christmas?

Accordance team, I know you're reluctant to issue ETAs on products, but do you know now whether NA28 will be ready before Christmas?

It will not be ready by Christmas. The apparatus will take some time to prepare, but will be worth the wait.

Thanks, Rick--glad to have the update!

Am I correct in assuming there will be an upgrade option to NA28 (with reduced pricing) for those who own NA27?

• 3 months later...

I'm planning to buy the GNT-T

Based on this topic, is it worth to wait ? I'm not really keen pay for GNT-T and then for a possible upgrade, as I'm not in a hurry to invest.

I already have GNT, NA27, and UBS4 even though they have the same Greek text (perhaps with some differences in punctuation?). I used both the UBS4 & NA27 in school because the apparatus (or apparatuses) are so different. I still use both. I am not a scholar, just a serious student who really loves Greek (of the Koine variety).

I will probably buy a hard copy of the NA28 as well, just not sure which edition. There are a bunch from which to choose. However, one of the big advantages of the etext, besides "searchability," is the ability to resize the apparatus so that it is readable for old eyes without a magnifying glass!

There are some changes in the readings of the NA28 - Dr. Wallace discusses them here: http://danielbwallace.com/2012/12/17/259/. So, even if I did not already own the texts I have, I would want at least the GNT-T plus the NA28 to be able to compare the texts and easily see the changes that have been made (34 of them). As it is, I will be able to compare both texts and apparatus. Can't wait to get my hands on the NA28th & apparatus. The apparatus itself is supposed to be greatly improved. I think this is pretty exciting stuff. I wonder if I'll live long enough to see the completion of the exhaustive analysis of the entire NT?

• Like 1

We are working on the NA28 apparatus but still awaiting some files from the German Bible Society. Therefore we do not have a firm release date yet.

Yes, there will be upgrade and add-on prices for the text anf for the apparatus, so there is no good reason to wait.

• Like 1

Can't wait for NA28 in Accordance! Also, all of the Göttingen LXX volumes bundled together in one good package deal...

• Like 1

It's out in Olive Tree. (I don't use Olive Tree anymore - only used it for a while before iOS for Accordance was released.)

• 4 weeks later...

This is my sincere hope for what the next Accordance sale is. :)

• Like 1