Searching in Hebrew

JakeFromRutgers

This is, hopefully, a simple question, though I have thus far been unable to find any resources - how would one type in the search bar in Hebrew? At the moment, if I were to switch my language to Hebrew (which allows me to write in most text editors, like Microsoft Word for instance, in Hebrew), I am unable to type the word I'm looking for into the search bar - my keystrokes appear as either black rectangles or Hebrew vowels (nikkud), but no letters.

One method I can use is to find the word in existence already and right click it and go to "Search for". Another method is to go to Search -> Enter Lexical/Inflected Forms and choose a word.

Is there an easier method for simply typing in the search bar in Hebrew?

I am using the most-updated version of Accordance, on the most-updated version of Windows 8.1.

Jake,

Change the Search Text to the Hebrew Bible (HMT-W4 in my case). Choose 'Words' instead of 'Verses' in the drop-down to the right of the Search Text. If you look in the Help files and search for "Entering Hebrew Characters" you will find a keyboard map for the Yehudit font. Other important info is also found in that area of the help files. In fact, all of the help files are, well, helpful! :)

Awesome, thank you! I had looked in the Help section before posting on the forum, but didn't find what I was looking for.

For instance, I searched for "Hebrew" and found several pages that seemed interesting:

http://accordancefiles2.com/helpfiles/Win/Default.htm#topics/11_ggtt/hebrew_searches.htm says that you have to have the Search tab active, and that it uses the Yehudit font, but it doesn't say that you have to switch from 'Verses' to 'Words'

http://accordancefiles2.com/helpfiles/Win/Default.htm#topics/11_ggtt/entering_hebrew_characters.htm this page also does not mention the switch

That small two-click action worked wonders, I mention the above only so that either other people will find this page via Google searches, or perhaps something can be added to the Help files (or, alternatively, someone can show me what I missed while searching!)