Allow workspaces to open when a module is missing.

Lorinda H. M. Hoover

I'd love it if Accordance could figure out a way to open a workspace when a module used in the workspace is missing. I run across this from time to time--several times today!--and I wish Accordance were smart enough to just close the pane, tab, or zone containing the missing module.

The particularly frustrating cases today involved workspaces I built using the Photo Guide, before the Photo Guide 3 update. Now none of them will open because the name of the module changed.

Lorinda – I've run into this issue, too – probably a lot of us have. When my husband and I were using the same Accordance license, I had renamed my User Notes file to distinguish it from his. All the windows I had saved with the old name would not open.

[We have since purchased a second Accordance license – saw a post by Helen on the forums where she said we were allowed to have Accordance on up to 5 devices, and we had it on 8 (2 desktops, 2 laptops, 2 iPads, 2 iPhones – oops). Since Steve doesn't use all the original language stuff, we bought the Bible Study Collection for him, but it was discounted by 30% since the first license already includes all that stuff. The discounts do help.]

• 4 weeks later...

+1 definitely.

I would consider this to be a bug, not a feature request. Setting up workspaces can be quite time consuming, and other than perhaps a dialog summarizing which resources are missing, a saved workspace should open.

Matt

• 2 weeks later...

I've created a new folder called, "Ruined by upgrades" and stored old workspaces there in the hopes that someday I may be able to retrieve them. I'm up to 5 workspaces that won't open anymore. :(