Amplify to [Search All] Universal Binary Crashes

Brent Lawrence

I thought I would check out the speed improvement of amplifying to a [search All]. I selected Abraham and then chose to Search All. Things went well right up until it hit the Thematic Study Bible and then Accordance crashed. Multiple searches showed the crash occurring right around the same point (Thematic Study Bible).

I then placed the Thematic Study Bible into my commentaries group for searching and selected Abraham again. The search completed without a problem.

A Search All for Isaac seemed to crash around when Accordance hit the WBC OT or NT (not sure which one).

I thought I would check out the speed improvement of amplifying to a [search All]. I selected Abraham and then chose to Search All. Things went well right up until it hit the Thematic Study Bible and then Accordance crashed. Multiple searches showed the crash occurring right around the same point (Thematic Study Bible).

I then placed the Thematic Study Bible into my commentaries group for searching and selected Abraham again. The search completed without a problem.

A Search All for Isaac seemed to crash around when Accordance hit the WBC OT or NT (not sure which one).

Hm... it's not crashing for me when I search just those tools for those names nor when I search them as part of a larger set of tools. What module(s) immediately precede those in your groups, and how many tools are you searching at once?

Hm... it's not crashing for me when I search just those tools for those names nor when I search them as part of a larger set of tools (e.g. All Tools). What module(s) immediately precede those in your groups?

Actually it was the [All] selection. That having been said, I just tried amplifying "Abraham" to [All Tools] and it crashed at the Thematic Study Bible again.

I have an alphabetized arrangement of the Reference Tools so before that would have been Ryrie.

We have reproduced the crash. I don't think it is a specific module, but we are working on it.

We have reproduced the crash. I don't think it is a specific module, but we are working on it.

I would agree that it doesn't seem to be the specific module either. I dropped the aforementioned module into my customized commentaries search and Accordance (Universal) did not crash.

Additionally, the [All] amplify or search did not crash at that particular module under Rosetta.

Thanks.

Archived