Go to verse in right hand pane from search results in left hand pane

ChrisJ

Hi - I'm relatively new on Accordance and I want to do a simple search, showing the results in one pane on the left (that is easy), and then when I click on each search result, for Accordance to jump to that verse in the context of the whole Bible on the right.

i.e. so that the search results on the left act like an index page, that you can click through and the pane on the right simply 'looks up' the verse.

I have worked out that I can set the context of the search result in the same pane to show the verse in context, and also if I triple click on the verse number, Accordance will pull up a reference tool in the right hand pane, but how can I get something like this triple click to search for the actual Bible Text?

I am sure this is simple, but I have searched on the help and online for an hour and can't find out how to do this, can someone point me in the right direction please?

Thanks

Chris

Edited by ChrisJ

Hi Chris,

If I'm following you correctly then if you have a pane on the left with 0 context on your search results you can place the cursor on a verse reference and right click and from the contextual menu select Search In-> <the text you want to search in>. The first time you do this will open a new tab. Move that tab so its in its own pane so you can see it beside the first one. Set its context slider to A so you see all the text located at the verse you just looked up. Subsequent right click->Search In operations will reuse this tab (it should be automatically marked for recycle).

Is that what you're looking for ?

Thx

D

I would open a Search or a Text (context) tab displaying the entire text, and use the Tie to feature in the Window menu (or right-click on the tab). Then the tab with all the text will jump to match the verse at the top of the tab with the hits. It won't work with triple-click on the reference, just let you scroll them both in sync.

Ah, Daniel, that's a beautiful thing! Thank you so much for your reply. Yes, exactly that. Thank you.

It's a little bit clunky having to right click and follow through two contextual menus to get to the next search result each time, there isn't a shortcut like a triple click is there?

Edit: I've just noticed that clicking on the verse reference once and then going to Amplify > English Texts > ESVS does the same thing as Right Clicking the verse and going to Search In > ESVS... So on the Mac, if you go to System Prefs > Keyboard > Shortcuts, you can set a new keyboard shortcut (I've used shift+cmd+1) for the menu item - in this case just 'ESVS' and that jumps me straight to the text without the contextual menus.

Thanks again for your time in replying.

Welcome glad you now have something that works for you.

Thx

D