Let's get The Living Bible as a Text!

Chrisedmondson

I would love to get a searchable text of the Living Bible by Tyndale. I already have the NLT, but enjoy sometimes preaching from the TLB. Can you help, please? Thanks

• 8 years later...

Resurrecting this thread here because TLB is still not in Accordance and it saddens me a bit to see that this request was made over 8.5 years ago and there was no response. =(

Having TLB and the Voice would be fantastic.

I believe that Tyndale is not interested in licensing this text anymore, and it would also be very difficult to align as they did not observe the usual verse boundaries.

It is sad, I mean i think the NLT is a fine translation and never liked the Living too much but for those who want it, I do understand the frustrating nature of it being unavailable. I did start up my Wordsearch to look at it there...as I couldn;t remember a versification issue....

Genesis 3:1-9 (TLB)

1 The serpent was the craftiest of all the creatures the Lord God had made. So the serpent came to the woman. "Really?" he asked. "None of the fruit in the garden? God says you mustn’t eat any of it?"
2 "Of course we may eat it," the woman told him.
3 "It’s only the fruit from the tree at the center of the garden that we are not to eat. God says we mustn’t eat it or even touch it, or we will die."
4 "That’s a lie!" the serpent hissed. "You’ll not die!
5 God knows very well that the instant you eat it you will become like him, for your eyes will be opened—you will be able to distinguish good from evil!"
6 The woman was convinced. How lovely and fresh looking it was! And it would make her so wise! So she ate some of the fruit and gave some to her husband, and he ate it too.
7 And as they ate it, suddenly they became aware of their nakedness, and were embarrassed. So they strung fig leaves together to cover themselves around the hips.
8 That evening they heard the sound of the Lord God walking in the garden; and they hid themselves among the trees.
9 The Lord God called to Adam, "Why are you hiding?"

But if Tyndale won't release it that's another issue. :(

-Dan