Copying Links

rcdeacon

Is there a way to copy links from one user note to another user note. I have annotated a number of references tied to the idea of suffering and have used the cross reference module to find those references. I want to take each reference and place it in all of the other references in a user note. In essence I am making my own reference Bible. I did try a search for "copying links" but found no helpful information. Thanks for any assistance.

While I can certainly do a "copy" and "paste" to get the references into the new note I have to go to each reference and highlight and then click "make link". I would like to copy and paste WITHOUT having to redo each reference (make link).

Bob

Edited by Bob Deacon

Bob, I'm not sure why this is occurring for you. When I copy linked text in one note and paste it in another note, all styled information is maintained, including the links. Are you using Paste And Match Style instead of normal paste?

I tried the copy and match style however it was greyed out! Let me try again.

Bob

Joel,

It is NOT greyed out if I utilize the "edit" menu. However, I go into the note, highlight the note (which includes a number of links) and click on "copy" (not "copy as") then go to the new note and click "paste and match style" it puts all of the references but they ARE NOT links! I'm sure I am doing something wrong here but I still must go to each reference individually and "make link".

Bob

Sorry, Bob, I should have been more clear - you should *not* be doing Paste and Match Style, you should just be doing a normal paste. If you match the existing style, that will wipe out the link information. Does a normal paste work for you?

Joel,

Normal "copy" and "paste" DOES NOT work either! While it does copy the information including all of the verses (and they are underlined) they are not blue in color and are not linked!

Bob

Bob, are you copying from the notes edit window, or the notes pane itself? If you are displaying your note using a custom style that changes how the hyperlinks work, then it won't be pasting in the proper style either. Try copying from the edit window to see if that does any better.

Joel,

That was it! You nailed it! Thanks.

Bob

Glad to hear it! By the way, if you temporarily turn off "Standardize Text Display" on your notes pane, you should be able to copy from the pane as well and get the desired styles. So, if you are copying lots of notes from one to another, this may be a better option than opening or cycling through your edit windows.

Thank you Joel for all the help. It is deeply appreciated!

Bob