Pasting Hebrew into Keynote

R. Mansfield

Has anyone tried this? I just attempted to paste a verse from Accordance into Keynote, and once it's there, I can't enlarge the text. In fact, I can't even edit the text--it's almost as if it's treated like clip art, but not quite.

I've got Accordance set to export as Unicode, by the way.

I switched my preferences from Unicode to regular text export and it worked. But I wonder why Keynote doesn't like unicode Hebrew?

Has anyone tried this? I just attempted to paste a verse from Accordance into Keynote, and once it's there, I can't enlarge the text. In fact, I can't even edit the text--it's almost as if it's treated like clip art, but not quite.

I've got Accordance set to export as Unicode, by the way.

I switched my preferences from Unicode to regular text export and it worked. But I wonder why Keynote doesn't like unicode Hebrew?

It seems to be that Keynote's Unicode support exists, but it quite flakey and inconsistent. Using Keynote 3.0.1, I first added plain unicode myself, using the Special Characters pallet (Edit menu, very helpful thing!). I don't know any Hebrew, but I just did some random letters and accents. I noticed that if I selected what I thought was everything (even had the blue box around it all), but then reduced the size, it only affected the last word. The only way to ensure I had everything was Cmd-A (select all) while inside the text box. Once that happened, I was able to easily adjust font and size.

With Accordance, it seems to work the same way. Even when I thought I selected everything, adjusting the size only messed with the last word or phrase. When I did a Select All, however, I was able to adjust all parts of it. That was with the Unicode export option.

Hope this helps. Note, the test was a bit limited: new presentation, just the title box of 1 frame. I think the same principles still apply.

Archived