Best way to compile information while studying?

William Cross

Hey Joe. No problems. I figured you were busy. Wanna tell us about that action?

I finished a complete converter from Unicode Greek to Helena Greek. With it, you can now do stuff like highlight some Unicode Greek text in a pdf or a web browser or whatever, and then with a key stroke have it look up that inflected form or phrase in your favorite Greek text or Greek tool in Accordance.

If folks seem interested, I'll get it in shape to make it public.

Could others out there share how you use Accordance in compiling and storing information as you study? User Notes or User Tools?

Thanks

I find myself using a variety of software as well. I quite often use Personal Brain for working out my rough thoughts on a text and for making connections with other thoughts and ideas. Then I will compile more specific exegetical notes on texts in User Notes in Accordance. I use the reference lists sometimes, but I'm still getting used to that function of Accordance. For writing my sermon (or papers) I put the information into Pages. I also use Yep to compile my PDFs (I have a lot of them, as I try to stay as paperless as possible). In order to find all of this information, I'm finding that I have to make use of Spotlight, Yep, and Accordance, and Leopard's new coverflow and quicklook features. It all ends up being a bit messy, but I think that helps--I find things "by accident" and that leads me into new, creative ways of thinking about the text.

Remember, a bit of chaos is good--leads to more creativity. ;-)

I finished a complete converter from Unicode Greek to Helena Greek. With it, you can now do stuff like highlight some Unicode Greek text in a pdf or a web browser or whatever, and then with a key stroke have it look up that inflected form or phrase in your favorite Greek text or Greek tool in Accordance.

If folks seem interested, I'll get it in shape to make it public.

Joe,

Thanks for your help and insight. I would be interested so make it public!

Archived