Restored from backup

A. Smith

I opened accordance on my phone today and was welcomed by a screen which said that the program has been restored from backup. My notes etc were restored but my modules need to be reinstalled via sync. Absolutely nothing happened to my phone or accordance that, to my knowledge would have caused this. Accord was working fine yesterday afternoon. Can someone give me some indication of what happens here? This is frustrating as I'm no where near my MacBook. I'm running iOS 5.5.1 and accord 1.3.3. Thanks.

I opened accordance on my phone today and was welcomed by a screen which said that the program has been restored from backup. My notes etc were restored but my modules need to be reinstalled via sync. Absolutely nothing happened to my phone or accordance that, to my knowledge would have caused this. Accord was working fine yesterday afternoon. Can someone give me some indication of what happens here? This is frustrating as I'm no where near my MacBook. I'm running iOS 5.5.1 and accord 1.3.3. Thanks.

My guess is that you just experienced an iOS 5 Cache cleaning. Ttis is also frustrating to us since storing our modules in the Caches folder was Apple's specific recommendation. IOS 5.0.1 has introduced a way to opt out of this and we have adopted it for v1.4 which is in the final beta testing stage and will be uploaded to Apple in a matter of days.

Sorry for the hassle.

Scott

My guess is that you just experienced an iOS 5 Cache cleaning. Ttis is also frustrating to us since storing our modules in the Caches folder was Applle's specific recommendation. IOS 5.0.1 has introduced a way to opt out of this and we have adopted it for v1.4 which is in the final beta testing stage and will be uploaded to Aplle in a matter of days.

Sorry for the hassle.

Scott

Scott, thanks do much. As I tell my staff, I don't mind mistakes or problems as long as we learn and fix them. Obviously this isn't your issue but a function of the os. I'm glad that you are aware and addressing it. Thanks again.

Archived