Accordance Training Seminar in London, November 16

Ken Simpson

Hi all our Accordance users in the UK (and perhaps even North France),

I will be running an Accordance training seminar in London on the 16th November, at the City Temple in Holburn Viaduct. It would be great to see lots of you there!

The seminar is a full day (from 10 till about 5.30) and is free for the seminar, but with a charge for lunch if you would like to take advantage of that.

At the seminar I plan to from introduction to moderately advanced. The more advanced stuff (ie original languages) will happen after lunch). You are of course VERY welcome and it will be great to meet up with some of my forum friends.

THe London seminar will be from 10 till 5-5.30 ish. (as against what is noted below), As mentioned, the seminar is free!

We will also have some copies of our Accordance Seminar training manual available fior pre-seminar purchase and pickup at the seminar.

The details on the webpage about seminars at http://www.accordancebible.com/Seminars-And-Shows says:

• London, England
    Saturday, 16 November 2013, 10am to 5pm

City Temple
    Holborn Viaduct, London EC1A 2DE

Daily Seminar Schedule

Most all-day seminars now run from 9 am to 6 pm and consist of two sessions with a break for lunch.

The first session will introduce Accordance, the underlying concepts, the interface and searching, and the range of available materials including a sample Bible Study, and is suitable for non-users and new users. The second session will demonstrate the graphic tools, the iOS app, and the advanced search and analysis capabilities with special emphasis on the Greek and Hebrew tagged texts and accompanying tools. Users are encouraged to bring their own laptops to follow the projected demonstrations.

Shorter seminars at academic institutions focus on the Greek and Hebrew texts and tools.

A sales representative is usually available to offer upgrades and new purchases at a special seminar discount.

Registration for seminars

We have decided not to charge for registration at seminars, so they are completely free to all attendees. However, it greatly aids our planning if attendees do let us know as soon as possible if they plan to come, and inform us if their plans change. Please register at least 5 days in advance by sending an email to seminars(at)accordancebible(dot)com. You can also use this address for any questions about the seminars.

I am looking forward to seeing you all in London!!!

Are there any Parisian users interested in coming across? Please contact Jackie Bolton at seminars(at)accordancebible(dot)com to register your attendance or to ask any questions.

Regards

Ken

Edited by Ken Simpson
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Thank you, Ken. That was really helpful. Even the lunch-time discussion with other attendees was fascinating.

So glad you enjoyed and benefitted from it. I really enjoy helping people "get" the software a bit better.

And it was fantastic meeting forum friends too.

Yes Ken, thanks very much for the seminar. There is always something new to learn. It was good to meet you.

Yes, many thanks Ken. I had put learning full accordance on hold knowing this seminar was coming up, and you covered exactly what I needed. I agree it was great to meet the other attendees and I had some really stimulating discussions during the day. And good to meet you too as well!

Martin

I was not able to attend the seminar, are there any plans for another one in the UK (London preferred?)

Since we are not based in the UK, the most we can offer is a seminar about every two years. However, we plan ro record this week's seminar in Baltimore, and hope to make it available online. In addition there is a library of podcasts and some recorded webinars available on the website.

• Like 1