Primary DVD 8.1

Timothy Butler

I was wondering if anyone has the 8.1 DVD yet? I'm trying to decide whether the module updates are worth moving up from my Primary 8 DVD. Notice any spectacular updates to the tagged texts? Other modules from Library or Scholar?

Thanks!

LXX1/LXX2, now with punctuation so you can search by clause. Also with formatting to Rahlf's Revised Edition. Must have upgrade.

The ESVS went to version 2.0. I don't know if that means they added all the tags in the OT or not. That might be worth the update. Can anyone shed any light on this?

Everything else seems to be just minor fixes as far as I can tell. Some kind of listing as to what's actually been updated might be helpful.

However, I always feel there is an advantage in staying up to date so I got the 8.1 DVD.

The upgrades to all Library modules, English Bibles, and Bible Reference modules are now available for download by the Updater feature, including the ESVS with OT tagging. I also posted the GNT-T, BHS-W4, and LXX1. The Scholar's files which had major updates included:

• Hebrew Inscriptions: Now include 711 Hebrew seals...$50
  • Qumran Sectarian Manuscripts (QUMRAN): Now include all of DJD 37 and DJD 40...$80
  • BHS-W4 release 10 with further refinements to the tagging
  • LXX1 & 2: Now Rahlfs Revised Edition with formatting and punctuation...$80
  • LXX, Swete with Textual Apparatus (LXXS-T): Based on the Swete text, now includes Gen-II Kings with punctuation, poetic formatting, and diacritics on names...$60
  • Latin Vulgate (VULG-T): Now includes the entire Vulgate morphologically tagged with English glosses by Marco Fabbri....$100

But many other texts were corrected and updated, and of course there are new modules only available on the DVD.

Thanks, everyone! The LXX sounds like it might be the big upgrade, then. Since I have the LXX1/2 already, that would be a free update, correct?

I'm intrigued by the free Q module too. As far as I can tell, the Q module is the only new module that would be added to my collection, unless I paid for additional module unlocks, right?

Archived