Please humor me . . .

Julia Falling

I know this is a really basic question. I frequently use Accordance when teaching our Sunday school class. There is not a single young person in the class with even a scrap of Greek. (Can you believe it? :) Then again, I didn't know a scrap at their age, either, and still don't know any Hebrew. )

Anyway, I want to be able to show them how they can can just triple-click an English word in a keyed text and have the Mounce Dictionary come up for the NT, the KM Dictionary come up for the OT. The ESV, Holman, NKJV go to Mounce/KM, but the NAS95 goes to the NAS Greek/Hebrew, the KJV to Strongs Greek/Hebrew.

Is there some way to make Mounce/KM the defaults when working in English (keyed text)? From the digging I did, I suspect the answer is, "No."

Thanks!

I did try the Help and couldn't find the answer I wanted. I'm hoping I missed something! ("Triple-click on a word with a Key number to find the Key number in the associated Greek or Hebrew dictionary." Digging Deeper > Keyed Bible Texts > Amplifying with Key Numbers)

Julie, if I remember correctly, the NAS95 is tagged "differently" than some of the other keyed texts and can only use the dictionaries developed by the Lockman Foundation. I suspect the same is true of the KJV since Strongs was based on that translation.

I was afraid of that. Thanks. I had noticed that some of the numbers are different when looking at Strongs, NAS Greek/Hebrew, and Key Dictionary Greek/Hebrew. I'll do my demos from the ESV or HCSB. And there is probably no way to "fix" it without putting in more work than it's worth.