Hebrew Primer on demo version

Txshell

The Primer is a separate tool module that you may purchase. You will be able to use it. It is independent of the text modules you have (or lack). You do not have to have any original language text to use the Primer.

Other tools are largely independent too. The "exception" is that some links may not work (a link in a tool to a patristic text requires you to have that text). All internal links would work as would all Scripture links, as long as you have a text containing the appropriate biblical book.

But no, you cannot add modules to the demo version. On a computer you must purchase at least the Starter Collection.

My bad. I thought Txshell was referring to the HMT-W4D demo text module (included in the starter along with GNT-TD). Sorry. You have to buy at least the starter, but not HMT-W4 to buy and use the First Hebrew Primer.

• 2 years later...

So if I want to buy the digital version of the Hebrew Primer I must buy the starter version of accordance even if I am interested only in the Hebrew Primer.  This means one has to pay about $120 for the digital version where the print version with answer book is about $50.  That is a pretty big uptick for someone like myself.  Also BTW a careful translation of the first sentence of the hebrew bible is "In the beginning of God creating.." as the commentary by Rashi points out.  That commentary also points out that the hebrew bible does NOT say that God first created...  The hebrew bible leaves what came first open... it does not say what came first. One of the reasons I don't want to pay for an inaccurate translation.

Larry Eisenberg 

Edited by larrykone

So if I want to buy the digital version of the Hebrew Primer I must buy the starter version of accordance even if I am interested only in the Hebrew Primer.

Yes. Buying the Starter Collection is required because that includes the interface software that is responsible for "running" the modules. The individual modules (e.g. Hebrew Primer) do not run on their own. They are so much more than simply digital versions of a resource.

So the most cost-effective way to purchase the interface software is by purchasing the Starter Collection. From there, you can purchase and use any/all of the other modules (texts, dictionaries, commentaries, primers, grammars, etc.)