Kenneth E. Bailey Commentaries/Books

mikes

I've found a few books by Kenneth E. Bailey to be very helpful in my studies lately and would really like to have them as Accordance resources. A few I can tell you I would buy are:

Jesus Through Middle Eastern Eyes

Poet and Peasant and Through Peasant Eyes

and the various books on the prodigal son and _____

Anyone else?

• Like 2

• 14 years later...

Reviving this thread to see interest.

• Like 1

They are fun and i have several as dead tres but dont revisit them as  a  bit  middle of the road and ideal for home groups but not for periodic referring back to and certainly wouldn't duplicate in accordance. Perhaps that is the direction where accordance is moving instead of the original language study?

Bearing in mind the resources accordance need for all the negotiation for rights with the publisher and then the actual module development with tagging etc. My personal opinion is that a lot of these old requests should be moved to obsolete as they haven't been re-requested for over a decade in many cases and many other requests have other equivalent resources in accordance or similar outstanding requests these days.

Personally i would like to see accordance concentrate on the newer requests which have a lot of traction and which were flagged to get on the request list you compiled a year ago. 

Edited by ukfraser
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ukfraser said:

Personally i would like to see accordance concentrate on the newer requests which have a lot of traction and which were flagged to get on the request list you compiled a year ago. 

This. It feels like you're creating a high level of activity in the forums that makes it seem like there are a lot of developers sitting around with idle hands. Somehow I doubt that's the case. Doing this doesn't create excitement, it creates discontent because you draw attention to more requests that have no promise of fulfillment. Just my thoughts.

• Thanks 1

I would buy anything from Kenneth E. Bailey — Accorordance would make searching these massive books a lot easier.

5 hours ago, mhanel said:

This. It feels like you're creating a high level of activity in the forums that makes it seem like there are a lot of developers sitting around with idle hands. Somehow I doubt that's the case. Doing this doesn't create excitement, it creates discontent because you draw attention to more requests that have no promise of fulfillment. Just my thoughts.

I still have the list of newer requests and are definitely concentrating on those.

I've found some older module requests that I've been sorting through this week. I'd like to get some fresh data on whether customers are interested in any of them or not. I'm sure many of these will go by the wayside again, and that's fine. There may be some that a wide variety of customers are interested in, and the ones that are, we can consider for the future.

I'm not overpromising anything, nor do I have anything official to announce on them. I'm simply thoroughly reviewing customer feedback to see where we should focus our development efforts both for newer requests and older requests.