Applying shortcut keys to modules

danzac

I would like to suggest that users be allowed to assign the control+# shortcut keys to any modules in the library window. I enjoy having shortcut keys, but because they are automatically assigned to the first 10, I have had to rearrange my modules so that I can use the shortcut keys. I would be better if I could just move the shortcut key assigns around.

thanks, Danny

I would like to suggest that users be allowed to assign the control+# shortcut keys to any modules in the library window. I enjoy having shortcut keys, but because they are automatically assigned to the first 10, I have had to rearrange my modules so that I can use the shortcut keys. I would be better if I could just move the shortcut key assigns around.

thanks, Danny

GREAT idea! And much more Mac-like!

I think the current system is brilliant, and has great clarity. Once they make a feature more complicated, a larger portion of the user base doesn't use it. And given that they don't have any customizeable key shortcuts yet, this would certainly not be my first choice. I look forward to a day when key shortcuts are fully customizeable.

I think the current system is brilliant, and has great clarity. Once they make a feature more complicated, a larger portion of the user base doesn't use it. And given that they don't have any customizeable key shortcuts yet, this would certainly not be my first choice. I look forward to a day when key shortcuts are fully customizeable.

It would only be complicated if the interface makes it complicated. The default could be the way it currently is, and more advanced users could reapply the shortcut keys to other modules.

I don't think the current method is Mac-like or intuitive. I would cite the number of questions on this forum that ask for clarification on how to choose what resource opens when they click on something.

I've always wondered why this isn't a setting in preferences. Then you could organize your menus however you wanted (alphabetically, topically, etc.) and still set certain modules to open in certain situations. I've always thought they should operate independent from each other. I'm hard pressed to think of any other Mac application where the order of the menus determine what opens when you click on something. (Of course, just because Accordance is unique doesn't make it wrong

Archived