Improving on the "Details"

danzac

Heiser's now infamous post discussed the new results datasheet of Logos 4. Another blogger recently gave a photoshot of what it looks like as well.

This prompted me to think about ways Accordance can improve on the "Details" a little bit. There have been many times (particularly preparing for Greek and Hebrew classes) when I've made significant use of Accordance search results- particularly the "analysis" tab.

I've often had to copy and paste the Accordance info to a text file, then do a bunch of find and replaces to get the info to the point where I can bring it in to Numbers or Excel. Improving the analysis results to be in more of a table style would help this out a bit. Also, the ability to place in a different "column" the root form (rather than in parenthesis), etc.

I don't think full "manipulation" in the way Logos 4 has it is necessary

Danny,

The current offset format I think is superbly done, but I also think it should have an option of exporting as a tab delim file. I suspect something like that is coming in due time. Until such time, I have released a droplet application which converts various analysis windows into a tab deliminated file.

FlashCord File Converter It will work for some situations, but surely not all wishes.

Thanks for the link Joe. Does your converter handle unicode?

I agree that the offset format is well done and generally pleasing to the eyes. On this matter- the details and analysis - I'm more about function than looks :-)

Archived