Wish List

jwritebol

I know the iOS app has only been out for a few hours but I wanted to leave some ideas/suggestions about future upgrades. This isn't complaints, just some ways that I could see the app being improved. I am sure that a few of these have been thought of but if not I hope my contributions are helpful.

1) Remember when you were. Whenever I switch from one text to another (ESVi to NAS95 for example) it restarts me at Genesis 1:1 and so I have to direct it to the particular passage once again. I'd like it if the app would just remember where you were and if you switched texts it would take you to where you instead of the beginning of a text.

2) Custom Instant Details. I'd love it if I could have BADG entries be what was shown on the "Instant Details" instead of the Greek Keys or whatever (Strongs?) they are pulling from.

3) Select a Word. Seems like it takes a second or two longer than it should when I am selecting a word for the instant details to come up, also it would be great if a simple tap somewhere else would make the word disappear instead of having to wait for it to go away or having to tap the "x" to get it to close.

4) Copy to "Tools" for search. What I mean by this is that it would be nice if I could select a word, and then have a "Tools" Module search for that word. For instance if I chose the word "propitiation" it would be nice I could copy that word and then open the IVP-Theology module and search all it's entries for that word. Maybe there is a way to do that (other than just entering "propitiation" into the search box). This would probably be a bit more handy with the Greek and Hebrew.

5) Update User Notes in Parallel View. It would be nice to write a note while looking at the text instead of having to update the notes from a separate place.

I'll just start with this list. The app itself is well done and I appreciate so much the hard work and long hours that you guys poured into getting this out in 2010. Thanks!

• Like 2

Beautiful and Awesome app folks. In my opinion it is a much better experience on the iPad than Iphone thus far, which is the way I would prefer it.

However, on the iphone, way too much real estate is taken up with the borders and title bars. It would be nice to have an auto-hide for these items.

Edited by circuitrider
  • Like 1

And a very small and only aesthetic point, but I can't see a place to display the text as paragraphs, only verse-by-verse.

Also, being able to get instant details on the footnotes/crossrefs would be nice.

[uPDATE-FIX: This problem:

In a Reference Tool I can bring up a details window on a verse reference, and the details window size changes, but there is never any readable text in it.

Fixed by putting ESVi as the first text in the list, making it the 'default' which is what is used for display of linked references]

Edited by SteveP

For me the features I would like would be copy and paste - for sermon prep this is a fair biggie, universal notes which are not attached to verses again for use in sermon prep.

Love the app, going to help me so much.

I love it!

Here's my prioritized wishlist:

1. Be able to use the Aland Gospel parallels. Essential part of the study of a Gospel passage. (Yes, I have the printed book, but that's so old-fashioned.)

2. Along with that, be able to have more than 2 windows open at once.

3. Be able to view and edit my own user notes. All of my seminary class notes are in Accordance. I've also entered a lot of Rashi's commentary. (By the way, who did the Sample Notes? They're pretty good.)

4. Copy and paste text, e.g., to Pages.

5. Let me double-tap (or whatever) on a Greek or Hebrew word to bring up the lexicon entry. (I use this feature all the time in the desktop version.)

6. Transliterations in the BHS-W4 and GNT-T pop-ups, as in the desktop version. I'm not an ancient language scholar, and I do get words wrong, especially Hebrew.

7. Make the Bible module names a bit more intuitive. (Names like RVR09, NEG79, NR94, and SCHLA aren't helpful to infrequent users.)

Thanks to the entire Accordance team!

I love it!

Here's my prioritized wishlist:

1. Be able to use the Aland Gospel parallels. Essential part of the study of a Gospel passage. (Yes, I have the printed book, but that's so old-fashioned.)

2. Along with that, be able to have more than 2 windows open at once.

3. Be able to view and edit my own user notes. All of my seminary class notes are in Accordance. I've also entered a lot of Rashi's commentary. (By the way, who did the Sample Notes? They're pretty good.)

4. Copy and paste text, e.g., to Pages.

5. Let me double-tap (or whatever) on a Greek or Hebrew word to bring up the lexicon entry. (I use this feature all the time in the desktop version.)

6. Transliterations in the BHS-W4 and GNT-T pop-ups, as in the desktop version. I'm not an ancient language scholar, and I do get words wrong, especially Hebrew.

7. Make the Bible module names a bit more intuitive. (Names like RVR09, NEG79, NR94, and SCHLA aren't helpful to infrequent users.)

Thanks to the entire Accordance team!

Almost all of these are already on our list, at different timetables.

However, you can do #3 already. Within the Library Edit mode you can create a new notes file, and then just tap and hold a reference to edit an existing user note or make a new one. These are currently only stored on the device, but will soon be able to be synced with Accordance 9 on the desktop in an upcoming release.

Another wish list item: support for the VGA out cable. That would make this the perfect presentation device for Bible classes, especially with the ability to project maps and illustrations from Accordance reference works. Slide show support would be icing on the cake for that.

Here are some things I would like to see added to the app:

1. Allow multiple pages in the app - much like the iOS Safari app. That way I could have multiple passages/studies going on within the app and could switch between them as necessary.

2. Have a search history pop down when the search button is held for a couple seconds or so.

3. Allow copy and past from the actual texts, not just from the black details boxes.

4. Make the brown header/footer and pane dividing bar a bit slimmer on the iPhone (someone else on this thread mentioned the possibility of hiding them - that might be a solution).

But, I will say that this is a great app, even at 1.0! Thank you Accordance for all your hard work on getting this app out!

Brent Wilson

Edited by Brent Wilson

1. Allow multiple pages in the app - much like the iOS Safari app. That way I could have multiple passages/studies going on within the app and could switch between them as necessary.

2. Have a search history pop down when the search button is held for a couple seconds or so.

3. Allow copy and past from the actual texts, not just from the black details boxes.

4. Make the brown header/footer and pane dividing bar a bit slimmer on the iPhone (someone else on this thread mentioned the possibility of hiding them - that might be a solution).

I love the page (workspace?) idea! The other three are eventual must have too. It would be great to have verses with notes up in one, CF search in another, and history tool in another.

I would also like to see some minor form of highlighting and same-window user note editing as well as some kind of "Search All".

I would like to echo the kudos on a fantastic 1.0 application! Personally, I can't thank you enough for unhooking me from my laptop!

p.s. I own no iPad, and wouldn't think of getting one without the capability to push the display to a projector and copy+paste to keynote/pages (agree with others: apple should subsidize your efforts! ;) )

Very well done app, Thank you! Olive Tree has been banished from my iPod.

One item I didn't see mentioned would be the ability for the app to save the screen settings when a parallel pane is used. Unless I am missing something, the parallel pane setting is not saved when the app is exited. The user must set a parallel pane up each time the app is started.

Some better organizational tools for the library such as a Favorites section for those items frequently used.

Tap to turn the page would be nice

A little thinner header and footer would be good also.

The option to remove all poetry formatting would be helpful.

Thanks!

And, in the wish list thread...

Is it just me, or does the inertial scrolling seem "dead" compared to most every other iOS app? It just seems like it is carrying little lead weights when I try to fling up or down on my iPad and comes to a (relatively) abrupt halt instead of the more smooth coasting to a stop impression.

1) Remember when you were. Whenever I switch from one text to another (ESVi to NAS95 for example) it restarts me at Genesis 1:1 and so I have to direct it to the particular passage once again. I'd like it if the app would just remember where you were and if you switched texts it would take you to where you instead of the beginning of a text.

Completely agree on this one.

Here are some of my comments regarding the new Accordance iOS app.

First thank you to all those who have put time into developing this product. It is great to be able to access my resources on my iPod Touch.

[*]It's been fast and reliable for me.

[*]I started reading the

Thanks to the team for Accordance on my iPhone! Great app!

On my wish list I would have the ability to change the display colours,

i.e. I would love to have white text on a black background, it is very

easy to read and has the added advantage of using less battery.

As mentioned above if the title bar could be set to auto hide to

give more screen space that would be much appreciated - I guess

it's not such a problem on the iPad, but on the phone it is.

Thanks again,

Keep up the great work!

Liam

• 2 weeks later...

I agree that this is truly an awesome Bible app and I've already recommended it to all my friends. Love the artwork too. Many of the folks here have offered great input and it is not my intention to duplicate their wish lists; however, some things are worth repeating for "show of hands" value. These are just a few suggestions:

- a means of creating my own documents and linking references to Bible or perhaps other documents. (I'd settle for Bibles.) For example, if I wanted to add the 1689 LBCF with scripture references or perhaps a catechism.

- someone already mentioned "remembering where I left off" when switching between versions. Bookmarks would be a big plus also.

- Highlighting and or underlining options would also be nice.

• 1 year later...

Accordance is my "Go To" Bible on OS X and iOS ; )

My wish list is mainly on UI:

1. TEXT'S BOOK, CHAPTER AND VERSE DISPLAY

Though the Text's Book, Chapter and verse are shown on the page after opening a Text, I am usually a bit displeased whenever I scroll down and find only the verse especially when the paragraph is kilometric. I want to be able to see the Book, Chapter and verses I am reading displayed either on the Header or Footer tab instead of the big "NIV11-GK" or whatever Text resource I am at displayed at the Header. I like it better to be constantly reminded where I am at in the Bible especially having to go back and forth, to and from different resources.

2. COPY, CUT, PASTE AND HIGHLIGHT A VERSE, WORD (presently the only options), PHRASE OR JUST ABOUT ANY THING THAT INTERESTS YOU FOR STUDYING, PREACHING OR EVEN TEACHING.

Looking forward for the next update! ; )

Edited by Alvin

We've had a professional UI designer join our team. Incorporating his suggestions is taking just a bit longer than we had anticipated, but I promise the wait will be worth it.

• Like 3

2. COPY, CUT, PASTE AND HIGHLIGHT A VERSE, WORD (presently the only options), PHRASE OR JUST ABOUT ANY THING THAT INTERESTS YOU FOR STUDYING, PREACHING OR EVEN TEACHING.

Yes, Please!

• 1 month later...