Tie tools to daily reading, list passages in order

Chuck Schneider

I've started to use the daily reading feature pretty heavily, but I can't seem to tie my reference tools to the tab that is created from this feature, even though I see that I can recycle the same tab each day.

Request 1) Can we tie our reference tools to the daily reading tab that appears when using the new, daily "Read" feature?

Today's chronological reading shows this list: 2 Samuel 20:1-26; Psalm 140:1-13; 1 Chronicles 22:1-19; Psalm 29:1-11; Psalm 30:1-12. If I command-click on one of these passages from the chronological readings tab, I get all of the passages in a single tab (which is great!), but they're shown in default order of the Biblical text that I have chosen for my daily reading (e.g., 2 Samuel 20:1-26; 1 Chronicles 22:1-19; Psalm 29:1-11; Psalm 30:1-12; Psalm 140:1-13.

Request 2) Could the chronological readings passages be displayed in the same order as they appear for each day?

My current fix has been to copy the passage list from the chronological readings for each day and paste them into my original workspace. This has allowed me to use all the reference tools that were tied to that main search window and it also places the passages in the order provided by the chronological readings.

Request 3) If the 2 requests above aren't very easy to accomplish, could we have the alternative option to point our daily readings at a search window of our choice?

Archived