10.0.5 Crashes upon selecting "Check for Content Updates"

Paddy

When I select "Check for Content Updates" the search bar gets about half-way then Accordance just quits. I can check for App update or easy install without any problem. I am using Accordance on an iMac and OS X 10.7.5. Auto Proxy Discovery and Automatic Proxy Configuration are both turned off in Network Preferences.

Any suggestions?

Can you take a look at your library and see if all of your tools are in the right place? We had some corruptions prior to 10.0.5 that would cause Check for Content Updates to crash. 10.0.5 prevents the corruptions, but does not restore them.

Can you take a look at your library and see if all of your tools are in the right place? We had some corruptions prior to 10.0.5 that would cause Check for Content Updates to crash. 10.0.5 prevents the corruptions, but does not restore them.

There are no tools in the "General Tools" folder. It appears all of the General Tools are in the "Parallels" folder.

This is most likely the cause for the crash. Thats a clear sign of the corruption that can occur prior to 10.0.5. Its easy to recover from the corruption, just remove all of the misplaced modules (select them and type Command-Delete, or via the action or right-click menus), then re-add them using 'Add Modules' at the bottom of the Library. They should all be found within the tools folder.

This is most likely the cause for the crash. Thats a clear sign of the corruption that can occur prior to 10.0.5. Its easy to recover from the corruption, just remove all of the misplaced modules (select them and type Command-Delete, or via the action or right-click menus), then re-add them using 'Add Modules' at the bottom of the Library. They should all be found within the tools folder.

I selected the modules from within the Library window but could not delete them. Neither the Command-Delete or via the action or right-click menus. The "Remove Item" menu option is grayed out in both of the menus.

That is probably because the Library is opening as a popover which does not allow editing of the list. Open it in a workspace and try again.

That is probably because the Library is opening as a popover which does not allow editing of the list. Open it in a workspace and try again.

Thank you Helen and Joel. That fixed the problem. : )

• 1 month later...

MBP 10.7.5

I'm experiencing similar problems with 10.1.2 ... I cannot run content updates from either menu ("Check for content updates" or that tab under the Easy Install menu) without constant crashes ...

It appears that my files are in the proper folders, but with hundreds of files/titles in various texts/tools folders, there appears to be no obvious way to know that what I think appears to be the case actually is the case.

Is the best way to "trash" (delete) all my titles and reload them or is there something more expedient to try?

Thanks.

Before you try that I would allow tech support to take a look at your Mac via a screenshare session. Very often we can easily see what is amiss and remedy it.