Screen Size recommendations

Gedalya

What size screen would you recommend to view the windows version of Accordance 11 ?

I would like to have a number of text modules displayed on my laptop at the same time and often get the warning "cannot add a new pane since the window is too small".

Gordon – I've got a 13" MacBook Air. For most things it's fine. But there are times when I want more. So I also have an external monitor that I use much of the time when I'm at home (with the Mac running in clamshell mode). I used to use a 24" external. My early Christmas-birthday present was a 27" monitor (Dell) with a 2560 x 1440 resolution – the max my Air will support. Great screen. Four downstream USB 3 ports (that could have used more power).

While it might be nice to have a 15" laptop, I'd end up with a machine that was heavier = less portable, and it would have meant spending more and paying for more power than I really need. What I saved in the cost of the laptop was spent on the monitor, but the monitor ought to outlast this laptop and carry me to the next.

Consider whether you want to carry around a larger machine. It may be that going with laptop plus monitor would work well for you, too.

Here's a shot of the workspace I use everyday for my Bible reading.

post-330-0-92154100-1417101990_thumb.jpg

I think I set it up when the laptop was connected to the external display.

Do you have the instant details window open when you get the no space Warnings? I've found that Accordance will tell me there's not enough space when there really is if the Instand Details pane is open. If I close it, then I can usually add a zone. I set the ID pane to float and to disappear when not I use for this reason.

I work on a 13" MacBook quite happily. I have a windows machine at work with a larger screen that is nice but I don't usually feel cramped with the smaller screen.

• Like 1

Lorinda,

No, I don't have the instant details open;however, I do have a second zone open so that does take up space and could be the problem. Your idea about a floating instant details is a good one though.

Hey Gordon, I use a 15" laptop and a 24" external monitor. Certainly on the 15" it feels like a phone box (remember those ? I don't know when I was actually last in a real phone box - a museum piece these days) But you can work in it. I usually end up with two (maybe three zones). I will use the library as a popover if I have problems in that configuration. ID is vertical space so although I sometimes turn it off when things get cramped I would rather trade the library for lateral space.

Thx

D