Several Recent Update still show as not installed

John Fidel

I recently updated and these resources refuse to show as updated and installed. Please advise. I had a problem with Naves earlier and deleted and then reinstalled with easy update, but would prefer a fix if possible.

Thanks

post-1391-0-47350400-1354767332_thumb.png

I have checked and all the files are correctly uploaded. Joel will have to look into this for us.

I removed the items, easy installed and still have issues with the Greek Strongs, Hebrew Strongs and NIDBA. Also could I request that I not have to reinstall all the samplers with the starter set just to reinstall Naves?

Thank you

So after removing Greek Strong's (lets use this one to test with), you redownload it, and it still shows up as out of date? What version is it reporting? You then go to Check for Updates and update it, then it comes back still reporting an old version? (same one as before?)

Hi Joel,

I think there may be an issue with the fact that this is a new MBP and I migrated all my programs from the old MBP using the Migration Assistant. I had to manually move text and tool files between the two MBPs after the migration to get the Accordance resources to be the same. I have had no problems with any of these tools while using Accordance on the new MBP.

When I remove an item from the library, does Accordance remove it from the computer? Is there a manual remove that I might need to perform.

I know I did not answer your questions regarding versions because I am not at my MBP. I will address those in a separate e mail.

Thanks for help.

No, Accordance generally does not delete the file if you remove it from the Library. To delete the file, navigate to ~/Library/Application Support/Accordance/Modules/ and remove the file from Texts or Tools, after deleting it from Accordance. Note, if your Accordance folder isn't there, it may be in /Library/Application Support.

You also may be experiencing permissions problems due to the migration that may be preventing these problems. What I'd recommend, unless you specifically need otherwise, is that you ensure that your user can Read and Write to the Accordance folder and all contents. Once you find your Accordance folder above (in Application Support) do a Get Info on it (Command-I) and, at the bottom make sure you can Read and Write. Then use the Gear to "Apply to enclosed items...". You may need to unlock first using the padlock.

Thank you Joel, all fixed. Is there a way to fix the migration issues as Accordance and Photoshop were the only two programs that had problems with the process?

Anyway, great customer support as always!

Well, the instructions I gave for fixing the Read and Write permissions should handle any Accordance migration problems. Photoshop I can't help with too much, though!