Changed text displayed in User Tool links

MatthewCrowe

How can I change the text displayed in User Tool links? I am making a User Tool of parsings in the Gospel of Mark (just for my own practice) and I would like to have the links display the GNT instead of an English text. Is this possible?

ALSO...

Are there keyboard shortcuts to change font and size in the User Tool edit window?

Thanks!

I've attached a screenshot to illustrate what I mean (for the first question).

post-30868-0-21764300-1401569616_thumb.png

Hey Matthew,

On the top right of the pane is a little gear wheel. From that pull down menu select the Set Tool Display ... and in that dialog you can set the primary and secondary texts.

Check out the shortcuts in the doc file:///Applications/Accordance.app/Contents/Resources/Accordance%20Help/Default.htm#topics/10_ref/kb/menu_item_shortcuts.htm?Highlight=tool%20shortcut. There are shortcuts for editing and for changing the tool display size. I'm not using user tools much yet but I don't think I see a shortcut for the font and size.

Thx

D

Thanks Daniel! I should've known to check the tool display.

Looks like no keyboard shortcut. It's not a big deal. Using the trackpad to change from helvetica to helena gets tiresome. I figured command + would change font size like the rest of the system.

Thanks!

Since the font and size options are available under the main menu bar (Display -> Font), you should be able to add shortcuts to the various options in your System Preferences.

Interesting. I'll look into that. Thanks!

Joel, I saw how to change this in my System Preferences and Accordance shows that the shortcuts are enabled (the key combination is displayed to the right of the font and size in their drop-down menus). However, the normal key functions are overriding the shortcuts I made.

I chose [option + -] and [option + =] as the font shortcuts and [cmd + -] and [cmd + =] for the size shortcuts. It changes the text to "-" or "=" instead. I can then press cmd + z and it returns it to the font I wanted. Strange.

I changed the shortcuts to different keys but the same thing happens. Do you know of another way to handle this?

Matthew, I'm not sure how you configured it, but it is working for me. Note, there are no incremental size or font options, so you must specify the actual menu item. Just as a test, I set up these commands:

Screen Shot 2014-06-12 at 10.18.57 AM.png

Its working properly where Control-Command-1 will set my font to Helvetica, and I can toggle between sizes 16 and 24 with Control-Command-2 and Control-Command-3, respectively.

Also keep in mind that you may create issues if you use key commands used elsewhere in the program as well.

Could you post a screenshot of your configuration, so we could identify the problems better?

Joel,

Thanks for taking the time to help with this. I replicated your keyboard configuration and it worked!

My old configuration was having a conflict with other commands that the Helena font has.

Thanks!