How do you iOS Accordance?

Anon

Accordance on iOS  

35 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I use Accordance as a reading app. I am mostly at home when I read, and if I need to run any search other than a simple amplify search from instant details on iAccord, I go to my Mac to do so. I am just curious how others use the app.

Edited by J. T.

I find it handy for reading, simple searches, and simple look ups, especially if I am on the go. I often use it in church while I am listening to a sermon, as the preaching prompts me to check related facts.

BTW, our next Lighting the Lamp podcast will compare Accordance on a computer vs Accordance on an iDevice. Seems that lots of our newest Accordance iOS users don't realize how much more powerful the desktop application is! Stay tuned...

• Like 1

Because the iPad or iPhone are always within reach and instantly on, I rarely use accordance on the MBP. I have set the desktop up but find the convenience of he iPad means I am using it all the time, but it is especially good when at church, conferences and travelling. However when accordance is available on windows I suspect that the situation will change with a larger monitor and more comfortable desk than the way I use the MBP. Though I appreciate the greater power, I live with the compromise. ;o)

All of the above for me. Accordance for ios is my primary bible study software, I know longer have a mac book as I find my ipad does everything I used my MacBook for so can't justify the need for both. I write my sermons and preach them from the ipad so I am paper free as well. I find ios does the job really well, accordance is excellent for what I use it for the only thing I would like to see would be something like zones like on the mac but not sure if that is possible.

I use Accordance OSi as my Bible full stop. Almost never pick up a paper Bible. Is with me wherever I go, plus have access to the original langages and other modules. It's great. It's good to use in Sermon prep too.

But there are times that I wish I could do more with Accordance on my ipad, for instance complex searches.

Slightly off topic but the other change in my behaviour with iOS is that within safari, I now leave tabs open for the accordance forum, (and CofE reader forum, Sibelius and a few others) and tend to check them daily now. In the past I would only visit forums every couple of months so I am more aware of what is being discussed with accordance.

Love having my entire Accordance library with me when I am on the go, but if I'm just reading scripture, the ESV study bible app is my preferred alternative from Crossway namely for the UI. Subsplash has done an amazing job utilizing transparent panes and full screen text without the title bar. I hope these items get on the to-do list at Accordance. Another feature I mentioned in a previous post was the ability to tag texts. It looks like Apple is adding this to their file structure in Maverick. You can also see examples of Evernote and other programs who use it.

Accordance's UI has come a long way, and I love the direction they are heading. I realize the developers have a lot on their plate and with every new release Accordance iOS gets better and better. That said, I primarily use the iOS version for general study and as a reader.