Syncing Issue with Mac

Dr. Nathan Parker

I'm trying to sync some User Tools and User Bibles downloaded from the Exchange onto my iOS App. I'm getting an error message saying cannot sync and contact support. I can take a screenshot of the actual error message if that'd help.

Thanks!

Hi Nathan,

Yes, a screenshot would be great. Any visual aids are always helpful. :)

Ryan

Trying to attach the error message. How do you attach images here?

Thanks!

Click the more reply options next to the post option...

under attach files select choose file, select your screen shot,

then once it;s uploaded push add reply.

-dan

post-29263-0-71255600-1397346862_thumb.jpg

Got it. Here's my error message screenshot.

Thanks!

Forgot to attach it. Here it is!

post-838-0-84867700-1397351410_thumb.png

Hi Nathan,

Thanks for the screenshot! Have you updated to the latest version of the Accordance app (1.7.3)? Also, are you on iOS 7.1? This error message was more common in older versions of the app and iOS.

If you have updated, I would recommend syncing just your Bibles first. Then try and sync your user notes separately.

Ryan

I am on the latest iOS app and iOS 7.1. It's happening when I attempt to sync User Bibles. Does the iOS app support user Bibles?

Yes. Syncing of user bibles is supported.

Nathan,

Just to clarify, did your user notes sync over ok when you did them separately? If so, I would recommend syncing your User Bibles one by one. Hopefully, you can narrow down which file is causing the issue.

Ryan

I haven't tried syncing User Tools yet. I'll try that this week. User Notes I sync over Dropbox, so they're fine. It's just User Tools and User Bibles I need to bring over now.

Hi there!

Did you want me to go ahead and sync my User Tools first, then try syncing each User Bible individually to see which one is the culprit?

Thanks!

Hi Nathan,

Yes, go ahead and do that and then let us know how it goes.

Ryan

• 2 weeks later...

I just realized I goofed on one thing. User Tools can't sync locally. They don't show up in the local sync list. :-) How do I sync those? Over Dropbox?

I guess now I just need to try syncing my User Bibles locally.

Thanks!

Nathan,

When your Accordance is linked to dropbox it will sync your user notes, user tools, and highlights. When you try to sync with your mobile device, Accordance will not show the dropbox synced modules (user notes, user tools, and highlights) in the module selection dialog. This was done to prevent syncing loops when trying to sync the same modules to the same device (unnecessary updates).

The only way to move user bibles to your device is to "Sync with your Mobile Device".

Sorry for the confusion,

Mike

Got the User Tools synced over Dropbox. Should I now proceed with syncing the User Bibles one by one until I find the culprit?

Also, is there a way to alphabetize books on the iOS device, or do you have to do it manually? All my User Tools are kind of sporadic. I'd like to one-tap Alphabetize them. :-)

Thanks!

Hi Nathan,

Yes, I would go ahead and sync the User Bible individually using 'Sync with Mobile Device'. The alphabetizing does have to be done manually.

Ryan

• 1 month later...

Found out which modules are throwing the syncing error. All but two Portuguese Bibles are syncing. They're showing "unknown" on file size (see attached image).

I got these off the Exchange, so Ken might need to look into this.

Thanks!

post-838-0-72799300-1401660163_thumb.png

Edited by Nathan Parker