Dr J's Library Organization in various formats

millca

I was following another topic started by Dr. J about how he organizes his library:

http://www.accordancebible.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=5283&hl=&fromsearch=1

He included a two-page pdf of his library but it was nearly unreadable when printed out and very difficult to read on screen since you had to zoom in so far.

So I took some time yesterday to convert it into a few different formats to make it more useable for myself and perhaps others.

These are the formats I've included below in a zipped file:

• a pdf that is 18 pages long with a single column so it is readable when the full page is viewed

• a TextEdit file that is completely editable and just one long column

• a Pages file that is in landscape with three columns (again editable)

I figured others might like to reference his library organization and be able to save a different copy to remove those resources you don't personally own. He pretty much, I think, has ALL of the Accordance products listed so it is probably complete overkill for the majority of us, but still cool to see how he organizes them.

Now if there was only a really quick way to expand on all of those abbreviations to their new expanded Library names. (Work for another day.) ;-)

Christi

• Like 1

I noticed, though, that he has other folders in his podcast.

post-29901-0-01239300-1351772511_thumb.png

It would be great if we could get more input on how best to store all our resources. :)

Also, once I've done all the work to organize them, how to I export that to my macbook?

[Chuckle] OK, everyone, I give in.

Here's a PDF of my current Library arrangement. I printed it to PDF and I see there are some blank pages mingled in, but it will give you a complete list.

I do want to warn everyone that my folder organization is considered "extreme" by most of my colleagues. In fact, I had to delete a few levels to keep Accordance from choking on all my sub-folders. [You will notice if this begins happening to you. All of a sudden, texts won't be available or Library sub-folder menus become corrupt.]

Enjoy!

Dr. J

DrJs Library.pdf.zip

Edited by Timothy Jenney

• 6 months later...

Chuck-

Did anyone eve respond to your question as to how to import your library settings from your iMac to your MacBook? I have the same question. It sure would be a lot easier to export it rather than spend and hour or two redoing all of them on my MacBook. Thx.

You can transfer all your settings. They are in the user/Library/Preferences/Accordance Preferences. However, you may run into problems with filelocations or permissions, so I suggest you keep a copy of the newly created settings so you can go back to it if needed.