Zones and Panes

Martin Smith

I have a workspace with six tabs (English, Hebrew, and Greek texts) all in a single zone. When I triple-click on a Hebrew or Greek word an appropriate BDB or BDAG tab is opened in a second zone within my original workspace. All is good and right with the world (as I prefer it anyway) and I close my second zone when done with the BDB or BDAG reference check. But, if I add a seventh tab in my original zone and subsequently triple-click on a Hebrew or Greek word, instead of a second zone being opened as before now the BDB or BDAG resource is opened as a eighth tab in my original zone. My preferences setting for Default maximum zones is set to Unlimited. Is there some other setting that limits new zone creation? Thinking that it might be tied to workspace screen size I forced my workspace 50% larger but still have the eighth tab created rather than my (preferred) second zone created.

Hi Martin,

I am not finding this problem. I can have 7 tabs open of texts no problems, and my smart-amplify still opens a new zone. As you can see in the screenshots I have a large workspace, but even when I make it quite small it still opens a new zone.

post-29509-0-74382200-1377734175_thumb.png post-29509-0-61411800-1377734170_thumb.png

Could you attach a screenshot of your issue, and of your general, appearance and search tabs prefs?

Edited by Ken Simpson

Hmm... thanks for trying to duplicate the issue on your system Ken. I'm running Acc 10.2.4 on OS X 10.8.4 with 4 GB RAM. I do have multiple other workspaces open and I'm wondering if this is part of the issue. I've been seeing some other quirky issues... I'll try to simplify my working environment and see if my issue goes away. I also added screen shots of my workspace at issue. The first image is workspace of six tabs. The second image is workspace with second zone created. And the third image is the seven tabs with the additional eighth tab created (instead of second zone).

/Martin

post-29230-0-90627500-1377738514_thumb.png

post-29230-0-70314000-1377738564_thumb.png

post-29230-0-23368600-1377738586_thumb.png

Edited by Martin Smith