Ron Priest

Bronze

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
  • Interests:Video Production, Bible Study, iDevices, Mac
  • Accordance Version:8.x

Posted 04 December 2011 - 04:12 PM

....This has not been reported elsewhere, and I cannot explain it, but I am glad you fixed it.

To clarify: the only known issue for User Notes/Tools in 9.5.1 is the inability to create a new file within Accordance, and this has been fixed for 9.5.2.

Okay... I suppose this post was the post that I was reading where you were talking about other known bugs to be fixed any day now. I just created 2 new user note files without any problem. I'm not talking about the 2 note files I "revived" but 2 completely NEW note files.

Where can I find a list of these known issues that are being fixed for the next update? Im not asking for a list of any other know bugs just dealing with user notes, but with any other area also.

Thanks.

#22 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Mithril

• Admin
  • 8,036 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 04 December 2011 - 04:18 PM

We do not keep a list of known issues, we fix them as almost fast as they come in.
Helen Brown
OakTree Software

#23 Ron Priest

Ron Priest

Bronze

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 09:01 PM

Ron: I sense your frustration, and am sorry for all the confusion. I will be very happy to screenshare via Skype or iChat and walk through the different steps. However, I think you have identified the problem, that two of your Notes files were dropped from the Library. This has not been reported elsewhere, and I cannot explain it, but I am glad you fixed it.

To clarify: the only known issue for User Notes/Tools in 9.5.1 is the inability to create a new file within Accordance, and this has been fixed for 9.5.2.

So here we go again. I upgraded to Accordance 9.5.2 Pre-Release this evening, and the first problem I start having is I don't get the dialog box asking me which user note file I want to use to add a note to. It simply opens the note file titled "My Notes" when I hit "Command U". I double checked and I do not have "My Notes" open in the edit mode in any other window. I haven't changed my user notes preference, I only have "Use Default Fonts in font Menu" selected and I do still have 3 note files showing up in my preference window (see attached screen shot). I close Accordance and open it up a couple different times, but that doesn't fix the problem. Finally, I close Accordance, open finder and double clicked on a different user note file in my Accordance document folder. Now I can once again get the dialog box to open asking which user note file I want to use to add a new note.

I find it difficult to believe that I'm the only Accordance user in the world that keeps having this issue.

Attached Files

#24 Ryan Gustason

Ryan Gustason

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 09:56 PM

So here we go again. I upgraded to Accordance 9.5.2 Pre-Release this evening, and the first problem I start having is I don't get the dialog box asking me which user note file I want to use to add a note to. It simply opens the note file titled "My Notes" when I hit "Command U". I double checked and I do not have "My Notes" open in the edit mode in any other window. I haven't changed my user notes preference, I only have "Use Default Fonts in font Menu" selected and I do still have 3 note files showing up in my preference window (see attached screen shot). I close Accordance and open it up a couple different times, but that doesn't fix the problem. Finally, I close Accordance, open finder and double clicked on a different user note file in my Accordance document folder. Now I can once again get the dialog box to open asking which user note file I want to use to add a new note.

I find it difficult to believe that I'm the only Accordance user in the world that keeps having this issue.

Weird. I updated to the pre-release as well, and it works as described. I press Command-u and I get the pop-up asking me which file I want to use.

#25 Ryan Gustason

Ryan Gustason

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 09:58 PM

Here's my preferences...Attached File  Screen shot 2011-12-09 at 9.57.27 PM.png   29.59KB   12 downloads

#26 Ron Priest

Ron Priest

Bronze

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 10:01 PM

Here's my preferences...Attached File  Screen shot 2011-12-09 at 9.57.27 PM.png   29.59KB   12 downloads

We'll either God doesn't love me, or Accordance doesn't and I know I've read somewhere that God loves me, so It must be Accordance that doesn't love me.

#27 Ryan Gustason

Ryan Gustason

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 10:21 PM

Just out of curiosity, where are your user notes files saved? Mine are in Users>ryan>Documents>Accordance Files>User Notes.

#28 Ron Priest

Ron Priest

Bronze

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 10:25 PM

Just out of curiosity, where are your user notes files saved? Mine are in Users>ryan>Documents>Accordance Files>User Notes.

Mine are in Users/ron/Documents/Accordance Files/User Notes

#29 Ron Priest

Ron Priest

Bronze

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 08:29 AM

Weird. I updated to the pre-release as well, and it works as described. I press Command-u and I get the pop-up asking me which file I want to use.

I installed 9.5.2 on my MacBook this morning and didn't have the problems with Command U producing a dialog box asking which note file I want to use. So I suppose Accordance just doesn't like my desktop.

#30 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Mithril

• Admin
  • 8,036 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 09:06 AM

Ron: I'll be happy to screenshare with your desktop and see if we can track down the problem. Just send me a message or email with your contact information.
Helen Brown
OakTree Software

#31 James Taylor

James Taylor

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Accordance Version:9.x

Posted 19 December 2011 - 10:24 AM

I had the same problem (Accordance stopped recognizing all my notes) with one of the recent upgrades. I went to the folder that contained the notes and clicked on each one so Accordance would open them. They are all there now and things seem to be working fine. Weird that it only happened to a couple of us. At least it was an easy fix ;-)
JT

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users