Accordance widgets

TheGodMorningWord

Need help in installing Accordance Widgets on Mac

Just download it and double click on it. It will install automatically.

Thank You David,

I am very new at Accordance and have a lot to learn, were do find that download.

I found it, got it now on the widget screen, can it be integrated or moved over to Accordance

The widget resides in the Dashboard, as do all other widgets. They can't be moved off the Dashboard.

You can find other widgets here. One of my favorites is CharacterPal under Reference.

Just press function 12 (F12) in your keyboard and the widgets will appear. Widgets are very simple in scope. As far as i can tell, it does not link to Accordance but it is sort of stand alonish… I think it gets the Bible verse from the web??

The Accordance widget does it to allow you to look up a Bible verse quickly without having to open Accordance. As far as I know, I am relatively new too.

I am using Lion 10.7.5

Thank You Julie and David this is great information. I realize this forum is great and will enhance my learning curve.

There is so much to learn about in this software. I had been using Wordsearch 10 for the last 5 years but I was suggested

by my Hebrew teacher to look into Accordance. I love it.

As far as i can tell, it does not link to Accordance but it is sort of stand alonish… I think it gets the Bible verse from the web??

The Accordance widget does it to allow you to look up a Bible verse quickly without having to open Accordance. As far as I know, I am relatively new too.

The look-up verses come from the Accordance installed texts, not the web. I went off-line and the widget worked perfectly. The widget is a great little tool.

Julie you mentioned CharacterPal under Reference. I found it but this is what I am getting

404 Error File Not Found The page you are looking for might have been removed,
had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

Hmm. It may have gone away, or the link may be broken. I've had it for years and use it regularly. It has the advantage of being free. I also got PopChar (an app, not a widget) as part of a package deal. Don't know what it costs as a buy-alone. It handles special characters very well. I think I got it because Joe Weaks recommended it.