How to Search the "Search Results"

Enoch

What I would like to do is to be able to search the search results. Suppose I search for all the references to Temple & get the results. How does one then search those results for another word?

You can do this for texts with the [CONTENTS] command, but not for tools. In the case of tools you can add another field to the tab and search it within the same article or paragraph as your main search.

• Like 1

Let's see:

Twas Brillig

& the Slithy toves LOL

OK, I put the curser on Ezek 43:9 and brought up the NAC commentary for that verse (supposedly), seeking an explanation of the royal bodies:

"the house of Israel shall no more defile my holy name, neither they, nor their kings, by their whoredom, and by the dead bodies of their kings in their high places"

But I found a lot of verbage & no immediate reference to the verse.

So what I wanted to do was to search the verbage on the screen for a direct ref to 43:9 or "dead bodies."

"

So I wish I knew what this meant: "In the case of tools you can add another field [what is a field?] to the tab [how do u do that?] and search it [that is, the tab?] within the same article or paragraph as your main search."

I simply don't have time to write out how you do this. here is an example of the range in the tool set to Ezekiel (Option-click in the browser), the reference field searched for the verse (which isn't actually cited on its own) and two fields searched for "dead bodies" with an OR statement between them.

Please watch the podcasts on the use of tools or consult the Help if you cannot see how to set this up yourself.

Ezek.png