Ability to sync library tool organization across multiple computers

mhenderson

Sync library organization on multiple computers   

26 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I use Accordance on both my laptop and a desktop pretty heavily in preparing class lessons and sermons, and on my iPad when preaching and teaching class. I am thankful to have such a resource available.

Recent versions have added some new features (and improved older ones) that have proven very helpful to me. One in particular has been the ability to sync user modules between devices through Dropbox.

What option I would really like to see added is the ability to sync the organization and structure of the library across computers (and devices if possible) as well.

I have quite a few modules in my library, including a good number of user tools, that would make such functionality very helpful in keeping my user experience the same between computers/devices.

As I use my software, I do find myself re-organizing from time to time as my focus of study changes, and a recent baseline system reinstall has me paying in man hours to get my library set back up the way I want it. The ability to sync the ordering and organization of the library would help make an already very good user experience that much more of a polished experience.

CAVEATS (two that I can see right off):

I understand that many people may not keep all of their modules on their different computers, and certainly not on their iOS devices, but I believe the ordering and organization could still be maintained based both on the location within the library where it is included, and the identification of a "master" library.

I also understand that this may need to be considered an optional thing to sync since some individuals may use their desktop and laptop installations quite differently (ie. remote scholarly research vs. home devotional study), and therefore arrange their libraries differently to better suit those needs.

Thank you for considering, and for an excellent product.

• Like 2

It would be nice if library organization could synced with iOS devices.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Please, please, please add this feature: syncing organization of library between computers.

Yes, I think it would be easy for Accordance to just hide module or tool names that it detects as non-existent. Or at least it could show some small icon to inform the user that the items in the Library don't completely correspond to the synchronized information.

I would like this too and if possible with my iPad.