Accordance Exchange Update - April 2014

Ken Simpson

Well, after a bit of a lull, there are a few new files on the Accordance Exchange.

First, there is a version of the 2nd London Baptist confession of 1689 supplied by Dustin Battles. It's a great little module, and the text apparently was highly regarded by C.H. Spurgeon. Worth a look, and if you are Baptist, a significant document I am told.

Second, Rick Mansfield continues his contributions of Americana with Martin Luther King's "Letter from a Birmingham Jail".

And thirdly, there were some versification issues in the Chinese Union version (traditional version) that we had on the Exchange. Heman Chan has kindly corrected those issues and we have made those corrections available. If you use this version, it is worthwhile downloading the updated file.

Please continue to submit your files for inclusion in the Exchange. We just ask that you make sure that the copyright situation is amenable to distribution.

Thanks!

Ken Simpson

Webmaster of the Accordance Exchange

Edited by Ken Simpson
  • Like 2

A really useful addition to the exchange is Daniel Semler's AccordanceFlashcards Applescript app. While this is only a Mac app, it is very good at generating Greek word lists from a search range entered in the app.

Give it a try!

(From his description)

An AppleScript app to generate Greek flashcard data for importing into flashcard applications.

Edited by Ken Simpson

Yet another update (we're going crazy over here)...

I have just updated the Search Ranges file to include the traditional divisions of the Tanakh. I have also made the file windows compliant. A little preview of what you'll see when you install the search ranges file I can be seen here. I would post an image here, but I don't seem to be able to.

WARNING: replacing your current Search Ranges file with this one will LOSE ALL your personally predefined search ranges. Only do this if you ar happy to lose them. ALWAYS BACKUP your old file.

Is it possible to code a script to merge two range files ?

Just a thought.

Thx

D

Would be lovely. Someone just asked about that on another thread (well not about a script - but merging the range files)

Ok, so a quick look suggests that this is not possible really - its not a text file - so, difficult not to mention a license violation.

So looks like an enhancement request for Oaktree, I'm afraid. And such an enhancement would have a number of issues to resolve, for the little use it would likely see. But it would be nice ...

Thx

D

Edited by Daniel Semler

I guess my question might be, why couldn't it be a text file?

Ken,

Thanks for the excellent update to the search ranges which now includes the Tanakh divisions according to the Hebrew Bible!

Gordon

My pleasure Gordon.

Hey Ken, It could be but there are cons also. You pretty much invite fiddling if the file can be read. Handy if you know what you are doing but it can be counterproductive in a lot of ways if you don't. Import/Export support would be nice though.

Thx

D

The import export sounds good. Might be hard to implement, but it would be nice to try using.