How do I view the same bible passage in other versions

davidmedina

Let see if I can explain myself.

Let say I am reading a passage, John 3. I then open my ESVS to John 3. I read the chapter and I now want to read it in another version. I know I have several ways I can open other Bibles. By going to the Library I can open a new Bible as well as by adding a parallel Bible. But I do not want to open an extra Bible but swap the Bible I am reading.

I figure that I should go next to the search are on top of the Bible there is a pull down menu where I can change Bible version. When I do that Accordance swap my Bible but it don't stay in the same Bible reference (John 3 in my example) but goes to Genesis 1 forcing me to once again look up the verse.

My question is... Is there a way that when I swap the Bible version I am using the new Bible will be at the same Bible reference?

Thanks

Hi David,

In the center of the tab top border (literally just above the text itself) there is another pull down. It will show the name of the current text. If you click that and select another text it will not relocate but will switch texts.

Thx

D

Gotcha! Thanks.

What is the one on the left used for?

If you mean the one just to the left of the search box that controls the search text version. Usually they are the same but when you have multiple parallel panes open then the search box is one text (which may or may not be one of the open texts) and then each parallel can be set to different texts.

If that's not what you meant could you post a screen shot of the bit you are asking about and I'll let you know (well I will if I do :))

Thx

D

Yes, that one. It makes sense now that I see that its tied to the search. I can see the use with Parallels.

Thanks.

Another existential problem solved :)