Dropbox

Shholland

I was wondering if Dropbox sync for mobile notes was in the pipeline. I absolutely love using it with other note taking programs and it is a very easy addition (from what my programming friends tell me).

• Like 1

I was wondering if Dropbox sync for mobile notes was in the pipeline. I absolutely love using it with other note taking programs and it is a very easy addition (from what my programming friends tell me).

I think we are more likely to initially go the iCloud route since it supports both files and small individual chunks of data (useful for bookmarks, etc.). Although Dropbox is certainly something we would consider with enough user requests.

Scott.

Scott:

I would vote for some sort of user note syncing. Dropbox or iCloud either way would be a nice addition.

Thanks again!

• 1 month later...

I've been using SugarSync.com quite successfully. I simply sync everything in my user/Documents/Accordance Files folder and those files are kept in sync between my desktop and laptop no matter which computer I use to make the changes or additions. The beauty of it is you can have Accordance open on both computers at the same time and it doesn't mess anything up. If for example you made a change or addition to your user notes on one computer, you would just need to close the user notes file on the computer you didn't make the change with and reopen it after SugarSync does it's magic. SugarSync simply does everything in the background, no thinking about it required once you have designated the folders on your different computers that you want to keep in sync.

Edited by Ron Priest
  • Like 1

I wonder how SugarSync works with an ipad app entitled "Office2 HD"? It works well with dropbox but being more seamless is certainly preferable. I can use dropbox to upload a Microsoft Office file and easily open it in Office HD (normally my sermons). Does anyone know if SugarSync will work as seamlessly?

I wonder how SugarSync works with an ipad app entitled "Office2 HD"? It works well with dropbox but being more seamless is certainly preferable. I can use dropbox to upload a Microsoft Office file and easily open it in Office HD (normally my sermons). Does anyone know if SugarSync will work as seamlessly?

I've never used Office HD so can't really comment on that, sorry. But I do use PDF Expert as my main PDF app on my iPad. You can set it up to sync (both ways) with selected folders that you have synced to SugarSync via a single tap. It's great! Whenever I create a PDF on my Mac, or my MacBook, the file automatically gets synced to SugarSync, which will automatically sync all of my computers (even a PC if I used one) I then open PDF Expert and tap the Sync Button and it will automatically pick up those changed or added files (no thinking required!). PDF Expert is also the best tool for annotating PDF files on the iPad. So when I annotate a PDF file on my iPad, it will sync the updated PDF file to SugarSync (with a single tap) and SugarSync will in-turn automatically sync my computers with the updated annotated file.

Someone had mentioned syncing bookmarks in Accordance? I'm not sure what bookmarks are? Can someone tell me what folder they are kept in? What are they for that matter? I'm not sure I have ever heard of bookmarks in Accordance. Or was the original poster just using the term "bookmarks" in general indicating the types of items iCloud is capable of syncing (such as bookmarks in iBooks or something)?

In my opinion, SugarSync is simply the best cloud syncing service hands down, as of now anyway. I'm sure once iCloud gets incorporated in more software, it will be a no brainer, as long as it will sync between applications on the Mac/PC, and App on mobile iDevices also. The nice thing about SugarSync is, it will sync between most mobile devices and computers, not just iDevices.

Although I should have tried to use SugarSync with Office HD before I posted I can now report that it DOES work!

Although I should have tried to use SugarSync with Office HD before I posted I can now report that it DOES work!

Good deal! I was reading the iTunes description on Office2 HD and it didn't mention that it worked with SugarSync, just that it worked with other cloud services. But, since I didn't have the app and don't think I have a real need to purchase it, I wouldn't have known. They should add SugarSync to their description in iTunes.

Edited by Ron Priest

Someone had mentioned syncing bookmarks in Accordance? I'm not sure what bookmarks are? Can someone tell me what folder they are kept in? What are they for that matter? I'm not sure I have ever heard of bookmarks in Accordance. Or was the original poster just using the term "bookmarks" in general indicating the types of items iCloud is capable of syncing (such as bookmarks in iBooks or something)?

I mentioned bookmarks in the context of a possible future feature in Accordance for iOS that would benefit from iCloud support.

Scott.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Probably iCloud is the way to go. Seamless integration on both Mac and iOS devices, no additional software needed.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'll just throw in a big +1 and a 'yes please' for this feature …. :)

Syncing and the possible bookmarks feature would be nice.

David

• 3 months later...

I would LOVE a syncing feature. I type my translations (from Greek to English) in the User Notes. However, I use two different computers to type up my translations, depending where I am (a Macbook Pro and an iMac). I'd LOVE if Accordance could sync the User Notes files between my two computers.

I've tried a workaround with Dropbox but for some reason haven't gotten it to work. It'd be great if Accordance made this a bit easier.

Edited by peteryock
  • Like 1

It's definitely on the list of future enhancements, but so are many other things. We appreciate your patience.

• Like 1

I've tried a workaround with Dropbox but for some reason haven't gotten it to work. It'd be great if Accordance made this a bit easier.

Have you tried the instructions in this thread? I sync my User Notes and User Tools between Macs this way and haven't had a problem--as long as I don't have the same file open on both computers at the same time.

Edited by Lorinda H. M. Hoover