User Note Verse Reference

pkoebbe

I will often open a notes file and just read through it to refresh my memory about what I wrote. When I do this, I almost always want to jump to the text on which a note is based to review. To accomplish this, when I add a note for a verse, I always make a link out of the reference. It's the first thing I do. It would be nice to have an option in Preferences to "Make Link Automatically".

Phillip

If I'm correctly understanding what you are requesting, Accordance already does what you want. Whenever a new User Note is created, Accordance inserts a link that ties your note to the verse you've selected. This link is clickable

Philip, Sean is right that Accordance typically does this already. Check the Preferences-->Edit Windows settings. Make sure the style for User Notes references is set to blue underline. It is the blue underline style which Accordance uses to know whether you want something linked, and if you apply this to all User Notes Edit windows, it should link the references automatically.

Sean and David,

Hey, thanks for the replies! And you are, of course, right on. I typically don't like anything to be underlined unless absolutely necessary, so I had turned off underlining in the preferences. I guess that comes from browsing the web and not liking to see links underlined.

I would not have guessed that the font formatting was what triggered the link. While I am glad that Accordance does the linking, making it dependent on a particular style is inflexible. If all of my links must be blue and underlined, I don't have any freedom to redefine them to my personal tastes, say, orange and italics. I would ask that you revisit that at some point and see if you can indicate links in some other way, something that will allow users customizability.

Thanks!

Phillip

Archived