Accordance Exchange

Ken Simpson

Hi all,

I am helping look after the Accordance Exchange now. It has been very quiet for some time now, but there are some pretty good (if now beginning to age) resources. It's worth having a browse. Nearly everything there will work in v9 and v10 (except some of the automation resources which were built a long time ago).

A few I would recommend are:

1. David Lang's excellent preset Search Ranges which are in the Highlights section. Unstuff the range and place it in /Users/<your user name>/Library/Preferences/Accordance Preferences. Rename your old search ranges to (say) Search Range.old and then put in place David's new file. If you have done major modifications to your search ranges, don't do this as you can't merge the files. When you restart Accordance, admire your new comprehensive search ranges (which you can still modify and add to as you wish!)

2. Daniel Zystra's Parts of Speech highlights in the same area. You can import this file into Accordance and see how the parts of speech are dsitributed.

3. For this doing critical studies on the Pentateuch, David Martyn's highlight file on the modified Wellhausen Documentary hypothesis is also very interesting.

Remember you can search on highlight styles...

There are some nice Graphics for your desktop in the Graphics area, and an excellent MT-LXX Merge example by Helen Brown in the Saved Windows area.

We'd love more contributions of non-copyrighted material, and it would be a great way to encourage other Accordance users with your hard work, or the things you have found useful. It's a great companion resource to the forums!

Edited by Ken Simpson
  • Like 2

Hi Ken

It sounds interesting and I've given this a go, but I don't know how to access what I've done. I've tried the Documentary Hypothesis one and unzipped it in my Highlights folder. I've started-up, shut-down and restarted Accordance. I've tried looking through modules, and just looking at a pentateuch verse in the main window - nothing (well nothing out of the ordinary or new).

So I guess I need to be doing something else. Do you know what it is?

Thanks

Nick

Hello, Nick:

Here are some steps to try:

1) Make sure you have expanded the file, it is a compressed 'sit' file. If you do not have a program to expand sit files, get 'TheUnarchiver' from the Mac App store and Install it- its free

2) After expanding the file move the resulting highlight file into your 'Documents/Accordance Files/Highlights' folder

3) Start up or restart Accordance

4) Make sure you can view the Highlights palette Alt+CMD+3 toggles it on or off

5) With the highlights palette visible, click on the drop down in the upper left of the highlight palette and select 'Sources'

6) Open a text in Accordance and navigate to one of the first five books of the Bible - you should see the highlights

Edited by Greg Terry

Many thanks Greg, it was the highlights palette bit that I didn't know. Got it now.

Regards

Nick

Thanks for helping Nick out Greg. I just love the way the Accordance community helps, advises and corrects one another!

Glad you're all fixed up Nick, and I am sorry I have been off the air for a couple of days.

Nick: Excellent! Glad to help. Many others have helped me, too. As Ken says, that is what makes this a great forum . . . . with a great product!

• 1 month later...

Great!

A question, re this: "There are some nice Graphics for your desktop in the Graphics area, and an excellent MT-LXX Merge example by Helen Brown in the Saved Windows area."

Looks like that requires BHS-W4. Any way of updating that to work with BHS-T or HMT-W4 (what I have on Accordance).

Hi Abram. I'll have a look tomorrow and update it if I can. Thanks for the catch!

Hi Abram, I think there's a little problem in the MT-LXX module in Accordance 10. We'll look at it a bit more and see what can be done.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Maybe the wrong place for this but give it a try.

The 1545 Luther bible in exchange doesn't seem to expand with either apple's or stuffit's utilities after downloading. Not really getting any error messages either. Tried downloading another bible and had no problems whatsoever. Is there a problem with the luther file?

Hefin Jones

G'day Hefin

I was able to download - it did take a while to expand, but it did and is now in my user Tools. Could be worth trying again

Hi all, there was certainly a problem in the Luther file, and in about a dozen others. I am in the process of fixing them up. The Luther file was updated before Andrew tried to download. Glad to hear it worked Andrew!