How to get Maps Sampler to stop showing in Easy Install?

Abram K-J

I posted about this here, but didn't want to derail from the initial topic. I deleted the Maps Sampler from Accordance (always running the latest on always the latest OSX, early 2008 iMac). Now the "Advanced Collection" continues to show in Easy Install with "Maps Sampler" as a missing item, but I have Maps itself already installed. This is not a huge deal, but it is a minor nuisance, especially since I've "upgraded," so to speak, from the sampler.

How could I make this not show in Easy Install? Do I have to re-install the Maps Sampler for that to happen?

Just go ahead and install it! If you use Accordance on an iOS device, you may want to have it sync with your computer. In your Mac Accordance Library, just place it where you won't be tripping over it all the time. I've just done a complete install of all my purchases and filed the rarely used modules away in folders at the bottom of the various categories. It reduces hassle and annoyance. And if ever a module you love and use somehow gets 'lost,' it will show up on easy install.

We automatically filter out the Photoguide Sampler and Timeline Sampler, as they are wholly replaced by the Photoguide and Timeline. For the Maps, we decided not to filter it out, as the premade maps can often be useful, even if you have the Atlas. We do have some plans to allow more specific filtering ("Ignore this item") in Easy Install, but such plans haven't made it to development just yet :)

So for now, Julie's idea is best, or continue to ignore it.

We do have some plans to allow more specific filtering ("Ignore this item") in Easy Install, but such plans haven't made it to development just yet :)

I look forward to this. I'd also like to be able to hide titles on both the Mac/Win version as well as in the iOS app. In regard to the latter, I'm not certain why the titles labeled "not for iOS" show up at all anyway.

• Like 1

I thought my iPad had some secret gnosis when the diagrams showed up!