Emulator Experience

circuitrider

Since Completing the Switch I have been bragging on Accordance to any of my preacher friends who ask about my MacBook. Most of the folks I talked to are PC, so the bragging was where it stopped. It did not click in my brain until recently that Accordance has a Windows emulator. I could have told all these guys that they can have Accordance, too!

Before recommending Accordance to my PC friends, I want to ask those of you out there who use the emulator about your experience.

If there are any drawbacks what are they?

If you've used Accordance both with the emulator and on Mac, what are your thoughts about the experience?

Are their any "bumps in the road" that I should warn them about before hand?

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Circuitrider

I moved this topic to the relevant forum. Unfortunately, emulator users are not very vocal here. You may want to keep an eye on an ongoing series of blogs by Kenny Jahng at Princeton who is chronicling his adventures with Accordance on the PC.

The review page of our website also links to some written reviews of the emulator.

Hi, Circuitrider!

We are actually planning a podcast within the next month on using Accordance with the emulator. I'm a dedicated Mac fan myself, so haven't had the opportunity to use Accordance on a PC yet [and running it on a Mac under Windows seems, well, just wrong!].

I've got the PC DVD now though. Hmmm..., now to find a Windows machine on which to install it and try it out. :wacko:

Since Completing the Switch I have been bragging on Accordance to any of my preacher friends who ask about my MacBook. Most of the folks I talked to are PC, so the bragging was where it stopped. It did not click in my brain until recently that Accordance has a Windows emulator. I could have told all these guys that they can have Accordance, too!

Before recommending Accordance to my PC friends, I want to ask those of you out there who use the emulator about your experience.

If there are any drawbacks what are they?

If you've used Accordance both with the emulator and on Mac, what are your thoughts about the experience?

Are their any "bumps in the road" that I should warn them about before hand?

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Circuitrider

My first experience with Accordance was using the emulator. I actually did a review back in December 2006, which you can find here:

My link

There are some installation issues that require some technical skill and limits on the size of the virtual drive to 1 gig. This means installing on several virtual drives if you have a larger library. The experience led me to purchase a Macbook Pro and purchase a sizable Accordance library. If there was a way to truly emulate OSX rather than OS 7, it would be much easier to use on a PC.

John:

The new Primary 8.4-PC DVD makes it much easier to install, and so will the upcoming Graphics-PC DVD. These are both designed especially for the emulator.

John:

The new Primary 8.4-PC DVD makes it much easier to install, and so will the upcoming Graphics-PC DVD. These are both designed especially for the emulator.

That is good to hear Helen. Thank you for the update. Are you still using the same emulator, or have you found one that works on a more recent OS? Is there still limitations on the size of the virtual drive? If you have overcome these limitations it would greatly benefit PC users.

Again, thanks for the update.

It's the same emulator, and the limitation on the drive is still 2 Gigs. We have just made it easy to get the contents of a DVD into Basilisk. CDs are too small for some of our products, and Basilisk on 68bit VISTA or Windows 7 cannot read a CD in any case.

Archived