Devotional Readings

Mark

My first experience with Accordance for iOS is version 1.6.1 of the app on an iPhone 5. I use it everyday for my devotionals, using the "Devotional Readings" module. Generally, it works great. However, two things would improve my daily devotion use case:

1. During my devotionals I often want to amplify a verse. This is not simple to do. First, I select the verse number to bring up the menu options (currently this lists: Copy Verse, Highlight Verse, Bookmark Verse, User Note, Show in Context, Cancel). Next, I select "Show in Context." Then, I need to select the verse number again to bring up the menu options again (now, this lists: Copy Verse, Highlight Verse, Bookmark Verse, User Note, Show in Context, Amplify, Cancel). Finally, I select "Amplify" to read the amplification of the verse I want to learn more about. The way I would like this to work is have the "Amplify" on the first menu (saving me 2 extra user input actions) when I've selected the verse number while in (the "Bible Text" half of) the "Devotional Readings" spit pane view.

2. It would also be nice to minimize the "Devotional Readings" (top) half of the split pane view to maximize reading space for the text. But, I do appreciate that this might be a more difficult interface design problem to solve (as it would add UI complexity).

Warm regards,

Mark

My first experience with Accordance for iOS is version 1.6.1 of the app on an iPhone 5. I use it everyday for my devotionals, using the "Devotional Readings" module. Generally, it works great. However, two things would improve my daily devotion use case:

1. During my devotionals I often want to amplify a verse. This is not simple to do. First, I select the verse number to bring up the menu options (currently this lists: Copy Verse, Highlight Verse, Bookmark Verse, User Note, Show in Context, Cancel). Next, I select "Show in Context." Then, I need to select the verse number again to bring up the menu options again (now, this lists: Copy Verse, Highlight Verse, Bookmark Verse, User Note, Show in Context, Amplify, Cancel). Finally, I select "Amplify" to read the amplification of the verse I want to learn more about. The way I would like this to work is have the "Amplify" on the first menu (saving me 2 extra user input actions) when I've selected the verse number while in (the "Bible Text" half of) the "Devotional Readings" spit pane view.

Hmm. I'm not really sure why I didn't add it at the same time I added "Show in Context". It's a good suggestion.

2. It would also be nice to minimize the "Devotional Readings" (top) half of the split pane view to maximize reading space for the text. But, I do appreciate that this might be a more difficult interface design problem to solve (as it would add UI complexity).

Warm regards,

Mark

We've had several requests for something like this for all the views that support multiple panes. As you noted, it complicates the UI/UX so we've been deferring any action on it so far.

Thanks for the feedback!