How do I quickly translate GNT-TRS to English text?

rborden

This may have been asked in the past but I have not found it posted.

I am using the GNT-TRS and use the copy paste to put the original text into a word processor. My question is this - How can I quickly and simply transfer (export) the original Greek into English words without having to translate and type the English words myself. I want to keep the original order of words, otherwise I would just quote a present day translation.

Here is an example: 1 John 4:8b GNT-TRS "Theos agape

Well, firstly, the English has been translated, in the KJV and NKJV for example. I assume that you do not just want to copy one of these translations, you want the gloss for each word. Then I think your best option is to select the text and click the Parsing button. Setting the Parsing display to show the Dictionary Form but not the Key number or transliteration gives you this:

Matt. 5:1

Ἰδὼν ὁράω to see

δὲ δέ but, and, now

τοὺς ὁ, ἡ, τό the, who, which

ὄχλους ὄχλος crowd; army; people

ἀνέβη ἀναβαίνω to go up, rise up, advance

εἰς εἰς one

τὸ ὁ, ἡ, τό the, who, which

ὄρος ὄρος mountain, high hill

There is no other way to get Accordance to translate the text. It just is not clever enough.

Thanks for the help Helen, however, I must be missing something in a check box somewhere. When I set the Parsing display, per your directions, I get the original Greek words in bold and next to them Greek words not in bold- It seems to be using a greek Dictionary and not the English Dictionary form of the word(s). It appears that my default dictionary is greek and not Enblish.

I have tried everything I can think of, the funny thing is I'm sure it's a simple fix!

Thanks,

Richard

PS It seems that I am missing the Greek words in the Gloss folder. Where might I find these? My gloss folder is empty. I am a standard level user and I purchased the GNT-TRS. Hope this helps.

You are correct, I forgot that the glosses only appear if you have the file called "Greek words." However, when we prepared the Library 6 master I do not think that the feature was even there for the new Greek text tagged with Strongs, and I know the CD-ROM does not include the file.

If you email me I will be glad to email you the file in return.

Archived