Accordance Exchange Update - Jan 2013

Ken Simpson

Hi,

the Accordance exchange has been revamped! Come across to the Exchange and have a browse around our library of user contributed tools. We have updated the look and feel of the Exchange, and are preparing to also include zip downloads as well as stuffit downloads.

Have a look around, everything is freely downloadable, though you will need either Stuffit Expander or The Unarchiver (also free from the Mac App store here - I use this).

Some new files that might interest:

Read Calvin's Institutes in a year - A reading plan to read the Institutes in a year. You can find this in the User Tools area.

Thanks to Steven King for preparing and sharing this tool.

Kuogo-yaki Bible - A Japanese colloquial version of the Bible. You can find this in the User Bibles area.

Tregelles' New Testament - A 19th century critical version of the Greek New Testament. You can find this in the User Bibles area.

Thanks to Bob Kuo for preparing and sharing these two user Bibles.

Accordance Search Cheat Sheet - A tool that summarizes the Accordance search commands, they can be pesky to remember. You can find this in the User Tools area.

Thanks to James Tucker for preparing and sharing this very useful tool.

At the moment, the upload function is broken, so if you have a module or document you would like to share, please send me a message and we'll organise how to get it from you.

I'm having trouble finding the Tregelles' version you mention. I've tried both Tools (as listed on the home page), and User Bibles to no avail.

Any suggestions? or perhaps a direct link?

Thanks.

It's there on the first page, but it's classified as a Tool, not a Bible. Don't know why. It's the third from top when you click on the link Ken gave us. Posted 1/24/13.

Julie,

Thank you for the quick response. When you click on Tools from the home page, it it downloadable? I don't see a link once I go to Tools. I've tried both on my work PC and my personal Mac.

Thanks.

Sorry Battlesman,

my coding error there. It should be fixed now. The Tools link takes you to the tools page, and the Bibles' link likewise. The TNT is the second entry on the Bibles page.

Sorry for the confusion.

Sorry Battlesman,

my coding error there. It should be fixed now. The Tools link takes you to the tools page, and the Bibles' link likewise. The TNT is the second entry on the Bibles page.

Sorry for the confusion.

Thanks, Ken! That fixed it. I have one more question.

Is there any way to change its formatting so it is available for Accordance 8? A friend has Accordance 8, but no Greek Bibles yet. I was hoping to be able to recommend this to him.

Thanks.

Hi Battlesman,

It will probably work wit acc8 as is, I just can't test it's compatibility. My recommendation? Just give it a try. It won't hurt the installation.

Regards

Edited by Ken Simpson

Hello, Ken:

I noticed the Olney Hymns link actually pulls up Augustine's Confessions. Can that be fixed?

I lik ehte new deisgn. Thanks for your excellent work,

Greg

Hi Greg,

thanks for the feedback. Though I feel I must confess: I wish I was clever enough to do the redesign, but I am mainly a backend man (and not awfully good at that either). Our wonderful designer, Melissa did the fabulous cosmetic revamp.

As to the Olney Hymns. Thanks for the pickup, and it is now corrected.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a note to all who are interested, the file upload system is now working on the Accordance Exchange.

I know that is what was holding you all back from flooding me with submissions, so go crazy everyone. Make my day!

• 2 weeks later...

I attempted to upload a file but each time i tired I was told "Click yes if you are the author or if you have permission" even though it was clicked.

It is s a simple reading plan I put into accordance years ago. For reading the Catholic Bible in one year. I got permission to distribute it as freely as I wanted to so long as I did not charge anything for it, or make radical changes (several corrections were made as well as adding a leap year reading). For chapter and verse breaks, they have used the numbering scheme of the New American Bible (old edition). If you use another translation with this chart, the numbers may not correspond exactly.

PS tried in both firefox and safari with the same results.

Thanks I'll look into it. I wonder what changed. Sigh,

Hebrew, Greek and even Syriac is easier than php!

• Like 1

Should be good to go now! I am glad someone understands the truly arcane languages like php and perl better than I.

Edited by Ken Simpson

Thanks I think I got it uploaded.

Thanks. I'll get it posted over the weekend. Glad the system works again!