Accordance Constantly Crashing During Hebrew Construct in Full Screen Mode

Dr. Nathan Parker

I was trying to do a few Hebrew Constructs tonight alongside the Syntax Intro PDF to better learn how to get a hold of it. However, when I'm in full screen mode with the HMT-W4, Hebrew Syntax Parallel Pane, Instant Details, and a Hebrew Construct, Accordance will crash while I'm trying to build out the construct. Does anyone know why this would happen?

I've notice Accordance has crashed more often in general since installing the Hebrew Syntax Module.

Thanks!

does it happen in non-full screen mode?

I tested it in non-full screen, and it did seem more stable. I didn't build out the entire construct, but I was able to put enough of it together without a crash.

Bad news. Just tried building the entire construct non full screen. It crashed. Somehow Accordance has become quite unstable after installing Hebrew Syntax...

Weird. Can you tell me what you are trying to do and I will attempt a build here?

Can you just let me know, Accordance version, platform and OS version please?

Thanks

Sure thing. Mac, OS X Mavericks 10.9.3, Accordance version 10.4.2.1.

In full screen or non-full screen, I'll open the BHS-W4, add the Hebrew Syntax tree as a parallel pane (so I can reference it when building out the syntax query). I also have instant details open.

I'll create a hew Hebrew Construct linked to the BHS-W4.

I'm following the instructions in the Getting Started with Syntax PDF on your website. I'm on the: A direct object without ta in Genesis (sorry if the Hebrew doesn't paste in).

I'm trying to rebuild all these Syntax searches in Accordance to better learn the engine. :-)

It'll crash either part of the way through or even after I've finished the construct. I never get to even run the search or save the workspace.

I can also send in OS X Console logs if any of the developers need them. Strangely Accordance never throws a "Quit Unexpectedly" window offering to send the report to Apple. When I re-launch though, it asks if I want to restore the last autosaved session.

Thanks!

Nathan, first, are you sure you are using the latest syntax? The BHS-W4 module is not updated anymore, you really should be using the HMT-W4. However, even with the BHS-W4, I tried building your search and got no crashes, so I wonder what is going on. Could you perhaps take a screen recording (using Quicktime Player) and posting it to Dropbox, or getting the file to us? If its small enough, you could .zip it and post it to this topic.

Now, even on mine, the search as pictured in the pdf doesn't work anymore, as I believe the syntax has changed in the years since the pdf was published. I'll leave one of those familiar with the database to explain about the change.

Once we figure out why you are crashing, I'll move this topic to Hebrew Syntax, so one of the syntax experts can explain the difference better.

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds good. Sorry it's taken me so long to respond. I meant to say HMT-W4 instead of BHS. HMT is the only Hebrew manuscript I currently own. :-)

I can screencast it and send it to you. Would posting it on Dropbox and sending you a PM work?

Since I started this thread, I began beta testing OS X Yosemite on this machine, so I don't want to publicly leak out a video of it. That throws another variable into the mix, but we'll see if the stability has improved any or worsened with Yosemite. Plus I could give Accordance a spin on Yosemite and PM any additional bugs I see in it over to you.

Thanks!