Search result (BHS-W4): not only Lemma

HansK

Please remove this if I am totally wrong here :-)

It has been a long day of work and I wanted to do some study on Sheol etc.

I have open the BHS-W4 at Ps 16.10 and click on Sheol and want to search on lemma (I do not type in the commands myself). The search however also includes the Particle (Le) by default, so I get not all the results. I believe this is not normal. I only get 5 hits, but expected about 60-70 hits. I have checked some other words too. What is wrong here or, what I am doing wrong...

Hans

Hans, if you simply right-click a "word" in Hebrew, any prefixes and suffixes will be selected and included in the search. However, if you first drag to select the main lemma without the prefix or suffix, then right-click the selection, searching for lemma will only search for the lemma you selected.

Hello David,

Thank you for your reply. I am still awake :-)

I have tried this and yes it works, but not automatically for me after I have tried this about 10 times.

It would be nice to have an option when searching (with the mouse) to search for Lemma only. That's what the popup says, or not?

Hans

Yes, it can be tricky to drag-select the actual word. Another option is to edit the search query in th resulting window and remove the particle.

I know this seems rather simplistic, but increasing the size of the Hebrew font can make all the difference in the world. I have a MPB with a 17" screen and the regular size Hebrew font is pretty small. Increasing it to 36 points makes selecting part of a word (i.e. just the lemma) a snap.

Dr J

This is it! I also have a small screen and had recently decreased the font size of texts.

Thank you all!

However, I want to suggest that when you click with the mouse, you can select between Sheol and Le.

Hans