Analytics for User Tools (Or just more powerful user tools)

Juan D. Pinto

I apologize ahead of time if this has been suggested or discussed already, but I looked everywhere and didn't find any mention of it.

What I would love most at this point would be the ability to create use tools that are as powerful (or close to as powerful) as official OakTree modules. At the very least the ability to use analytics on my own modules would be absolutely wonderful.

I mention this because there are texts out there (public domain of course) that I don't quite expect to see official modules for but that would be incredibly handy in my research. Specifically, I would love to use the powerful analytics and other features (perhaps even interlinear) of Accordance on texts like the Book of Mormon or the Koran.

Perhaps the ability to create user reference tools could be a great start? Either that or the ability to purchase full modules for these texts from other religions?

• Like 1

The reality is that the more powerful texts and tools require very specialized preparation. To allow users to attempt them would involve us is a huge amount of tech support, even after we made the conversion process as robust and user-proof as possible. We just do not feel that will be cost effective. However, we are prepared to convert your modules for you, for a fee.

• Like 2

However, we are prepared to convert your modules for you, for a fee.

I had never even considered this option. How could I go about getting more information on this?

You can email me via the Forums with details of the module and a sample of the raw text. We'll take a look and, if we think it is feasible, we'll quote a price for the conversion.

• 6 months later...

Has anyone taken you up on this? I would love to have a more robust text of Plato's Phaedrus. It has about 50 sections of Greek dialogues. I have been working on compiling it into a docx file, but I was hoping to be able to make user notes sync with sections and potentially highlight within the text.

• Like 1

• 8 years later...
On 2/20/2013 at 10:33 AM, Helen Brown said:

You can email me via the Forums with details of the module and a sample of the raw text. We'll take a look and, if we think it is feasible, we'll quote a price for the conversion.

I understanding is this:

An independent text is the easiest to publish. Such as the Book of Jasher, The Book of Mormon etc.

Time consuming are text that differs in the verse mapping, to have the parallel feature work. Such as Sirach, Wisdom.