Chapter Decrease Problems with Leviticus, NIV-G/K module

Carol K

I am running Accordance for iOS Version 1.5.3 on an iPod Touch 4G, iOS version 6.0.

The NIV-G/K module does not respond consistently to the "Go to previous Chapter" arrow when in the book of Leviticus. In NAS95 and ESVi I can work backwards through all chapters in Leviticus with no problem. In NIV-G/K, sitting at Lev. 27:1 and hitting the arrow does nothing. This is also a problem when sitting at the beginning of chapters 4, 6, 8, 12, 14, 17, 18, 19, 20, 22, 23, and 24. It works for all other chapters of Leviticus. If I scroll back as little as 1 line in any of these cases, (e.g. to the last verse of ch. 26) and hit the arrow, I go to the beginning of the previous chapter as expected. Moving forward through chapters works just fine.

I have not looked closely at other books of the Bible for this behavior, but I use NIV-G/K the majority of the time and have not noticed this behavior before.

My mistake - I missed that this was iOS...

Edited by Ken Simpson

checked on my iPhone and my iPad and did not find this problem. Anyone else? (This was using the old NIV-G/K module - not the NIV11-G/K since you seem to be saying that's the one you are using. Just out of interest, what version is the text? - check it out using the disclosure triangle in the Library/Texts screen)

I can reproduce in the NIV-G/K (1984) and NIV11-GK (2011). The ESVi worked correctly.

Looks like this is an issue only when the text is displayed in paragraph mode and the text size crosses some "small" size threshold. Increasing the text size and/or displaying the text as separate verses seems to workaround the problem.

Regardless, it's something that needs to be looked at more closely and addressed in a future update.

Scott.

Edited by Scott Knapp