Upcoming Releases

Helen Brown

We posted an announcement on some of the forthcoming new releases of Accordance CD-ROMs and modules. I hope this makes it clear that:

1. we are working hard to get new stuff to you
  2. we do take all your suggestions very seriously

So... any responses to our annpouncement? I know you cannot make them in the Official forum, so I am asking here. :)

The commentaries announcement is good, great, exciting news! I haven't purchased in some time... I'm saving up for commentaries, commentaries, commentaries.

The Philo tagged is outstanding as well. This level of pandering to the preacher, the church teacher, and the serious scholar alike is splendid (and typical of Accordance development).

New stuff is always exciting, especially commentaries!

But for me, I wont buy any more verse by verse commentaries that arent linked to the verses. Will the new ones be linked to the verses?

Dan

Dan,

I'm sorry, but I'm not sure what you're referring to here. The only Accordance commentary I can think of that is not "linked to the verses" is the Fourfold Gospel, which has multiple passages intertwined with nothing but the verse numbers listed, making it very difficult to determine whether a given verse is from Matthew, Mark, Luke, or John. Every other commentary we have is linked to the verse references. Or am I misunderstanding what you mean?

Helen!

I am pumped with the news of just "SOME" of the new modules! I have collected NIGTC since it first came out when I was at Dallas! While I love to have hard copies, the fact that I have hardly any commentaries on Accordance has been frustrating!

THANK the team for their hard work! PILLAR and NIGTC will be definite purchases. Plus the Zondervan titles raise my curiosity.

I would love to see the TYNDALE series and the BIBLE SPEAKS TODAY commentary series available. While not technical, these along with the already available EBC would go a long way to satisfy the needs of many, many pastors and layman!

Keep up the good work. Hope you beat the competition in the years ahead.

Pastor Chris Regas

Yeah! Quality tools over quantity marketing. The NIGTC are excellent. Philo in Greek and Greek OT Pseudepigrapha provide helpful tagged research materials. Thanks!

Does Oak Tree have preorder mechanism in place ?

No, please do not send in pre-orders. We will let you know when we can take orders.

Dan,

I'm sorry, but I'm not sure what you're referring to here. The only Accordance commentary I can think of that is not "linked to the verses" is the Fourfold Gospel, which has multiple passages intertwined with nothing but the verse numbers listed, making it very difficult to determine whether a given verse is from Matthew, Mark, Luke, or John. Every other commentary we have is linked to the verse references. Or am I misunderstanding what you mean?

Actually, I think some of the older commentaries like Calvin link primarily to the section headings, but we will do our best to avoid this in the new commentaries.

Calvin only goes to larger section headings when there is no comment on the individual verse. If a comment on a particular verse is there, it's kept in parallel with the Bible verse.

Some have complained that Accordance should not try to match individual verses to larger sections, but that's more a question of interface philosophy than how the commentary has been prepared. Scroll through Matthew 1 with Calvin in parallel and you'll see the issue. At Matthew 1:1, 2, and 3, Calvin's comments on the exact verse are displayed, but when you get to verse 4, the commentary pane jumps back to the beginning of the larger commentary section since there is no comment on verse 4. Some would like the commentary pane to stay put so they don't lose their place when they scroll to a "missing" verse. But when they scroll to the next verse with a comment (verse 6), they're taken right back to the comment on that individual verse. Thus, Accordance always gives the most specific comments on any given verse.

Since the specific verses in the Fourfold gospel are not identified, it doesn't sync properly. So the user must scroll down to the comment on a particular verse, and then when he scrolls the Bible text to the next verse the commentary jumps back to the beginning of the section. To my knowledge, that's the only commentary that has this problem.

No, please do not send in pre-orders. We will let you know when we can take orders.

I am curious, have prices been set? I have to budget for these and two of the upcoming releases are ones I want to add, so I'm trying to allot the proper amount of money.

Wayne

I am quite pleased and very excited! It's wonderful to see the texts from Zondervan included, especially for those of us who are not scholars =).

I'm also glad to see the Ancient Christian Commentary included. I will definately be saving up for that one!

Thanks for being so involved with your customers and keeping the work up!

We posted an announcement on some of the forthcoming new releases of Accordance CD-ROMs and modules. I hope this makes it clear that:
  1. we are working hard to get new stuff to you

2. we do take all your suggestions very seriously

So... any responses to our annpouncement? I know you cannot make them in the Official forum, so I am asking here.  :)

I find this to be most excellent news! Keep up the good work.

Now, if you can just get Eerdmans to budge on their New International Commentary of the Old and New Testaments... We always want more don't we?

Seriously, these are great additions.

While I thought there was little wrong with Accordance before, the selection of commentaries coming out is very exciting and makes a great software product even more well rounded. I am excited to place my order and my birthday is in Novemeber; perfect timing :D

This is great news; and I am especially excited about the tagged Philo text.

Am I correct in that there is no tagged Josephus text, however? If not, are there plans to do this? I am a bit surprised you would finish tagged Philo before a tagged Josephus.

Markus

I'm sure the question on everyone's mind is how much will these modules be? Do you have any idea of a release price?

We have not set any prices yet, but you can get a rough idea from the print prices and those of the Windows versions. We cannot undercut the publishers by much, and we do not want to get into a price war.

I'll be buying the Ancient Christian Commentary on the Scriptures as soon as it's available, I'll tell you that. Have they finished the whole Bible?

I'll be buying the Ancient Christian Commentary on the Scriptures as soon as it's available, I'll tell you that. Have they finished the whole Bible?

No, they haven't finished the whole Bible yet. They still have a ways to go! The New Testament is almost done though. You can check their progress on their website:ACCS Publication Schedule

• 3 weeks later...
We are hoping to get a tagged Josephus, but probably not this year.

I too would love to see tagged Josephus. Although Accordance is already miles ahead of the competition, tagged Josephus would be a yet more icing on the Accordance cake.

So is there definite plans for tagged Josephus for the next year? Man would that be amazing!

Archived