Possibility of getting the New Interpreter's Bible

David Hunt

Hey Dan, the one called NIB.accord fails for me because I don't have the NRSV - only the NRSVS. Does it need the NRSV? Could you create a version of it with the NRSVS?

LOL I can do that I did do one that had NRSVS and NIV GK but perhaps you don't have that one for NIB w OL.accord..

Ok here is the NRSVS-NIV/NAB

-Dan

NIB NRSVS NIV84 NAB.accord.zip

Hopefully lots of people discover NIB on Accordance... in the Logos forums I was asked my opinion of the NISB which Logos is not offering, and let it slip that Accordance had it and the NIB.... A little impish of me I know but I would bet you might see some orders from there... :)

-Dan

Cool. Do you still use L very much?

The majority of my resources are in Logos.... I do like it's integration.... It's passage guide is nice but it is a resource hog and when it indexes it uses over 10 GB of HD space, and it often unexpectedly quits. {EDIT} So to answer your question I do use Logos daily but as i said earlier I wish one magical day all my resources were in Accordance....

-Dan

Edited by Dan Francis
  • Like 1

The majority of my resources are in Logos.... I do like it's integration.... It's passage guide is nice but it is a resource hog and when it indexes it uses over 10 GB of HD space, and it often unexpectedly quits. {EDIT} So to answer your question I do use Logos daily but as i said earlier I wish one magical day all my resources were in Accordance....

-Dan

I totally, completely understand you my friend. Same boat here.

Oh happy day... :-)

I would like to thank Accordance for bringing us the NIB, it may only be currently 2/3 of it but it is so wonderful to have this magnificent resource in a premium Bible study software and a decent Mobile app. I know I have more or less begged you to bring it to us and I am so happy to have it in Accordance, this has been well done and I look forward to the NT and then minor improvements like page numbers I hear are being worked on for the series....

-Dan

Edited by Dan Francis

I think it's ok to say, now that NIB has been [partially] released, that while developing the module I seriously considered placing a dedication to you in the About Text info:

"To Dan Francis, an example of living biblically. Luke 18.3–5"

:D

• Like 1

According to an old dictum, a parable has only one point, but Luke proves that this approach is too restrictive. The parable of the unjust judge and the persistent widow offers opportunities for reflection on the responsibility of the faithful to care for widows, orphans, and strangers in their midst. It affords a striking challenge to any theology to tie God’s providence to God’s compassion. It serves as a graphic lesson on the importance of prayer and patient endurance, and finally it focuses on the quality and vitality of one’s faith. --R. ALAN CULPEPPER, New Interpreter’s Bible Vol. IX

;)

-Dan