Quiescing Paid Updates Notification

Robert N

I would like to request a new feature that allows us to quiesce the repetitive notifications of the Availability of Paid Updates. It would allow users to suppress the display of Check Updates - Paid - Upgrade for upgrades we are not interested in. Seeing it once is fine, but I would like to either Act and Buy the update, Opt To have it Ask Me Later, or Dismiss the message from further display because I do not want that upgrade. Apple has a similar capability in their SW Update program that allows one to set which updates you want filtered out from the display and from being applied. This feature as it is can be annoying if one is not interested in the particular update being pushed. http://www.accordancebible.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif

I also have a suggestion on the marketing side... since Accordance knows what modules we have and, with the above option implemented, which we have quiesced and are not interested in as well as those we have not quiesced and may be interested in, they could combine this information with our Wishlist to implement targeted marketing for discounts and sales that would more effectively meet customers' goals. I would love to see offers that target the modules I am interested in rather than blanket offers that don't necessarily apply to my specific goals.

We would love to do this kind of thing, but it takes a lot of programming. Our company is somewhat smaller than Apple. ;)

Seems like a form of this has been quietly implemented. I no longer get "paid update" notice for Strong's numbered versions of English texts that I have. Thanks.

Not really part of the original topic (sorry!) but as Michael was giving thanks, I wanted to give my own thanks. It is 9:30 p.m. my time and I have just received a screen sharing support from 'one of the team' for whom it was even later! As we often say on the Forums we have a great programme and we have an absolute first class support team! D.G.

Kevin.

That sounds great.... I am still receiving solicitations for the update to the Tagged version of the Vulgate and this combined with Helen's response makes me wonder what was done... anyway i am glad to hear you solicitation has stopped.

Seems like a form of this has been quietly implemented. I no longer get "paid update" notice for Strong's numbered versions of English texts that I have. Thanks.

It might be nice if this was something controlled in the preferences.

This is fine tuning a very mature product with great innovation. Easy Install is such an advance over ordering a product and waiting for snail mail to deliver media (CD, DVD, or in the early days, diskettes).

Thanks Accordance!

Archived